Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

who here has a family member that they cant stand? my sil drives me nuts, we spend a lot of time with family and her presence makes me cringe!

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
My in laws are fine as people... It's their actions I could do without sometimes.

Like SIL. She insists on being everyone's mother all the time. Being nurturing and giving and offering advice is fine. But she tries to dictate how people live their lives so that it's convenient for her. My husband and I moved 30 minutes away and she FLIPPED. Holy cow, lady; we didn't move 300 miles away like we wanted so you should be happy. Then her mother got a new boyfriend for the first time in nearly 20 years and she made every excuse in the world to keep her away from him. She actually calls her mother up to TEN times a day when she's out with him "Just to talk" or "make sure everything is ok" she even called once to tell her mother she found the remote. LET. YOUR. MOTHER. BREATHE.
I'm not a fan of my husband's grandparents sometimes either because his grandmother is a hoarder and it irritates me so much that she would live that way and her husband just lets it happen because he doesn't want to fight. What?! She's nearly 70 and her health is failing and you won't put your foot down to quite possibly save her life? Ugh!

But I still smile and be nice and I never say these things to them because I've only been in the family for six years so who am I to jump in and play psychiatrist? Underneath, they're good people. No need to stir the pot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

My fathers side of the family that is still living.

poshkat
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
It's a long list
kayandjsmom
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My uncle Bobby, he's so fucking annoying and off in the head. I can't take being around him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My mother and brother. I cant stand them. Its a long story on why, but they are just awful people.

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I can't stand about 90% of my family. The only people I get along with are my dad, two of my younger brothers, and for the most part my younger sister. And obviously my son. Besides that, they could all fall off a cliff and I wouldn't notice.

risaspieces
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM
My mil has a friend who she's known since before my dh was born and everyone refers to her as dh's grandmother. I can't stand that woman, and luckily neither can dh. She's related to my mothers boss and every chance she gets she talks badly about my mom, and even got in my moms face when we were at the emergency room for my dh ( he had collapsed, hit his head on concrete and was shaking uncontrollably). I'm try to stay away from her, but I swear that woman stalks us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I have a couple that I don't really care for. One in my family and two in dh's. I don't rock the boat though. They're family so I'm respectful until they give me a reason not to be. That's only happened once with dh's family.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Well I could never live with my mil again.  Her ADD drives me crazy.

AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM

A lot of family members.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)