Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who here has a family member that they cant stand? my sil drives me nuts, we spend a lot of time with family and her presence makes me cringe!

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
Meghan6391
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
All of my inlaws
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liams_mama12
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM

My mil has been pissing me off since the day we met. I tolerate her only because me and hubby live with her. We're leaving for Seattle, for good, in March but it honestly feels like its too far away. I can't stand her smart comments and the way she acts like her shit doesn't stink. It's beyond annoying. I honestly think she wouldn't like me if she didn't know I was with her son. One thing I do love is that my dh doesn't let her get away with anything its so hilarious !!! I'll just be around the corner laughing my ass off ;) 

destinyangl21
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 AM

When I first started seeing my DH my MIL accused me of being a gold digger and a "nester". HA! What gold was there to dig, cuz I would surely love to know. Lol. SMH. Now uggg, she is trying to be my best friend. I don't get it. First I'm a gold digger trying to pry pennies from your son, the next I'm the greatest daughter in law ever? I don't get it??

I love my FIL to pieces, he is the sweetest person ever. When he heard what my MIL said about me, omg he was LIVID. (They are divorced.) And proceeded at our wedding to try to straighten her ass out.

My Step Grandmother is also another person who I cannot stand. She is like one of those people who will smile to your face but say shit behind your back. And when I'm talking to my grandfather, and say we get into a spat this woman is yelling her two cents in the background. PISSES ME OFF. I'm having a disagreement with one person, not two. Mind your business.

Also my Stepfather, who I no longer speak with. He is hands down the most deplorable human being I believe I have ever come across in my life. My family thinks he is this white knight, but he is SO far from that, its sickening. My mother, who is paralyzed due to a stroke she suffered four years ago, cannot take care of herself without assistance. My family believes he is being the doting husband, taking care of his wife and adhering to his vows. What they don't know is this sick son of a bitch also held a gun to his head in my mother's kitchen, threatening to kill her and himself because he was "depressed." Or how he told his wife that he should have just let her die instead of signing for the surgery to reduce the swelling her brain. WHO SAYS THAT? He's physically abused me while I was growing up under his care. Thrown me down a flight of stairs, he's wrapped both of hands around my neck until I passed out. He's emotionally abused his wife for years...I mean years. He is a very disturbed man. And yet my family believes he's the world's greatest husband. Makes me sick, if they only knew half of it.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I have a cousin I really don't care for but aside from that I get a long with all of my family and dh's family.

BannerElkHogans
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I loved my mother in law before she passed.....she'd have a beer with you an cursed like a sailor an told people exactly what was on her mind.....my husbands brothers an sister's are another story all together...we both cannot stand any of our sibling's he has 9 I have 7 an for cousin's ,uncle's an aunt's .........I wish they would all get some where............like a deserted island in the middle of no where...ha ha ha

ksueditz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I dislike my brother's wife. She thinks her family is better than ours. We can never plan anything that includes them ON a holiday b/c they HAVE to go to her mom's. They're pg w/ their 3rd baby, and she announced on FB that since my family knows I can tell everybody now. Too bad they hadn't told my mom yet. Their boys are 3.5 and 8 months. She is always talking about how they can't sleep anywhere but home. Um, maybe if you took them around other family!
tiredmama42
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I have a aunt in her 60's that when talking to my grandparents says "mommy" and "daddy"  makes me crazy!

RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Many many people, sigh

jcm28
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Right now its my own mother and brother they are both very selfish they want you to do everything for them but give nothing in return.
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

my fil, he does bathsalts (the side effects of that stuff is crazy).  he scares me and i always make an excuse not to be here if he ever has to stop by (which isn't very often)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)