Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What chores does your husband do exclusively?

Posted by   + Show Post

6 Chores My Husband Is Much Better at Doing Than I Am

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 29, 2013 

husband chores

In a house where things are equally divided, there are bound to be some chores at which one spouse is better and others at which the other spouse is better. Hopefully these things balance out. Yesterday, I wrote about the five chores my husband is NOT allowed to do. This is mostly because, well, he kind of sucks at them.

Luckily he doesn't suck at everything and there is a WHOLE lot he can do that I can't. And that, my friends, is called balance.

With no further ado, here are the six chores my husband must ALWAYS do in our house:

1. Take out the trash: It's not an absolute. Certainly I have done it and am capable of doing it, but my spouse is much, much better at remembering the days our trash and recycling pick up. He is also stronger, so carrying two or three bags at one time is easier. Hence, this is his job almost exclusively.
  2. Kiss boo-boos: Yes, I am a mom, but I am not the world's most sensitive one. When my kids fall down, they go to their daddy who is much more loving and sensitive than I am. When he is home, they prefer him.
  3. Getting gas/car maintenance: When it has to do with our cars, I always defer to the old hubs. I know nothing about cars (I am a cliche).
  4. Finding our way: Again with the cliche! I have no sense of direction, so my husband is pretty much solely in charge of getting us anywhere we need to go. It works most of the time. Except for when it doesn't and we wind up lost somewhere deep in the East Village. But that's another story.
  5. Paying the bills: My husband is responsible for 99 percent of the bills in our house. I am aware of what is going on, but he handles the day to day on it.
  6. Walking the dog: This is one I just hate, so my hubs gets the fun. But seriously, the dog just likes him better!

What does your husband do exclusively?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Mine does laundry every week, takes garbage out, and since I got pregnant, his job is doing the cat boxes too. Poor guy lol. 

RigPrincess85
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Takes the trash out, heavy lifting and cr/truck stuff
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Mine is better at cooking and laundry. He also takes out the trash. Oh and any repairs to anything that's broken. He's a very handy man.

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Trash is his, I could do it, but I usually leave it for him. He also takes care of the cars, he knows more than I do so I know he won't fall for the bs they usually give me about how broken my car is lol

Armywifeholcomb
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM
If I left trash for him it'd get done once a month and I'd have mad garbage men! Lol but he helps occasionally. Mows backyard and front if I don't first. He's usually the one putting away christmas stuff in the attic. Changes brakes on car. Some handyman stuff if its something I can't/don't do. He usually does truck/car payments (I have done car payments if I'm going to town and he hasn't yet) pick up odds from store on the way home if needed. But most day to day stuff I do. He's been known to help with laundry (usually if he has been off work on vacation) but he works his butt off so I can be a SAHM so I don't mind doing most the rest of the chores myself.
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM

The trash and yard work. Or anything that requires a ladder, like changing light bulbs (we have really high ceilings).

achapman
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM

trash,car stuff,fixing stuff, and making money lol

AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM

He doesn't do chores, but he does work 40+ hours a week.

little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Trash, shoveling, mowing, lifting/moving things
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM
He's in charge of car maintenance. I do it (lol take it to the shop) but he tells me when it needs to happen. He also does the directions. I get lost following map quest and he could find his way out of the middle of the city blindfolded with one leg tied up behind him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)