Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What chores does your husband do exclusively?

Posted by   + Show Post

6 Chores My Husband Is Much Better at Doing Than I Am

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 29, 2013 

husband chores

In a house where things are equally divided, there are bound to be some chores at which one spouse is better and others at which the other spouse is better. Hopefully these things balance out. Yesterday, I wrote about the five chores my husband is NOT allowed to do. This is mostly because, well, he kind of sucks at them.

Luckily he doesn't suck at everything and there is a WHOLE lot he can do that I can't. And that, my friends, is called balance.

With no further ado, here are the six chores my husband must ALWAYS do in our house:

1. Take out the trash: It's not an absolute. Certainly I have done it and am capable of doing it, but my spouse is much, much better at remembering the days our trash and recycling pick up. He is also stronger, so carrying two or three bags at one time is easier. Hence, this is his job almost exclusively.
  2. Kiss boo-boos: Yes, I am a mom, but I am not the world's most sensitive one. When my kids fall down, they go to their daddy who is much more loving and sensitive than I am. When he is home, they prefer him.
  3. Getting gas/car maintenance: When it has to do with our cars, I always defer to the old hubs. I know nothing about cars (I am a cliche).
  4. Finding our way: Again with the cliche! I have no sense of direction, so my husband is pretty much solely in charge of getting us anywhere we need to go. It works most of the time. Except for when it doesn't and we wind up lost somewhere deep in the East Village. But that's another story.
  5. Paying the bills: My husband is responsible for 99 percent of the bills in our house. I am aware of what is going on, but he handles the day to day on it.
  6. Walking the dog: This is one I just hate, so my hubs gets the fun. But seriously, the dog just likes him better!

What does your husband do exclusively?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
DesireMM
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:54 PM

This is my husband. Worst part is he is a stay at home dad.

Quoting SierraLynn:

Um.... none except for moving heavy things. The man is almost useless when it comes to housework. Bless his heart.

sydjademom24
by Rachel J on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Mows the lawn.
Takes out garbage/recycle
All car work/oil changes...ect.
House repairs..plumbing, changing air filter...ect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM

hahaha none. fucking King of the castle I have at home here....(a King I love but still.....) I guess he carries heavy stuff lol.

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Clean the kitchen and sometimes cleaning period. He gets mad when I don't clean but when I do he criticizes me. I don't know about him sometimes haha. He loves cooking, if he could he would do it everyday.
BKozICan
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Most of the grabage removal. All the bills and all the lawncare. I deal with the day-to-day things that pop up like dealing with plumber, electrician, when we had a gas leak. I deal with everything related to health insurance. 

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM

DH takes the trash out, but that's only because he leaves earlier than the trash guys get here, and they get here EARLY. He also deals with all the car maintenance and yard maintenance.

AM-BRAT
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I can't temember the last time I mowed a lawn or he cleaned a bathroom.

Other than that we're both doing everything.

I tend to lean toward guinea pig care and he dog care.

But we both do wood, kitchen, kid, house stuff. :)
Lorena
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM
The car maintenance is all his otherwise we share.
MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Trash, the bath tub, and helps with cleaning the room
MrsLuciano02
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH does all the house hold chores...he is my house hubby LOL, for the mean time I am the one who works full time and he stays at home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN