Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What chores does your husband do exclusively?

Posted by   + Show Post

6 Chores My Husband Is Much Better at Doing Than I Am

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 29, 2013 

husband chores

In a house where things are equally divided, there are bound to be some chores at which one spouse is better and others at which the other spouse is better. Hopefully these things balance out. Yesterday, I wrote about the five chores my husband is NOT allowed to do. This is mostly because, well, he kind of sucks at them.

Luckily he doesn't suck at everything and there is a WHOLE lot he can do that I can't. And that, my friends, is called balance.

With no further ado, here are the six chores my husband must ALWAYS do in our house:

1. Take out the trash: It's not an absolute. Certainly I have done it and am capable of doing it, but my spouse is much, much better at remembering the days our trash and recycling pick up. He is also stronger, so carrying two or three bags at one time is easier. Hence, this is his job almost exclusively.
  2. Kiss boo-boos: Yes, I am a mom, but I am not the world's most sensitive one. When my kids fall down, they go to their daddy who is much more loving and sensitive than I am. When he is home, they prefer him.
  3. Getting gas/car maintenance: When it has to do with our cars, I always defer to the old hubs. I know nothing about cars (I am a cliche).
  4. Finding our way: Again with the cliche! I have no sense of direction, so my husband is pretty much solely in charge of getting us anywhere we need to go. It works most of the time. Except for when it doesn't and we wind up lost somewhere deep in the East Village. But that's another story.
  5. Paying the bills: My husband is responsible for 99 percent of the bills in our house. I am aware of what is going on, but he handles the day to day on it.
  6. Walking the dog: This is one I just hate, so my hubs gets the fun. But seriously, the dog just likes him better!

What does your husband do exclusively?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
sommerrae
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

1. Take out the trash ( I never take it out)

2. Car maintance/ filling up the gas tank. ( I drive until the gas light is on my hubby fills it back up.... my very own gas fairy! LOL)

3. Lifts heavy things and carries all the groceries into the house

4. Puts things together (90% of the time without using the instructions)

5. helps the children with their math homework ( I hate math!! I help with the other subjects)

6. Has a better sense of direction and if we're going somewhere new I automatically go to the passanger side of the car

7. Cleans gutters and ducts.

8. Yard work (mowing, raking, shoveling, etc.)

9. Takes our sons to the barber. ( I dont even know where it is because he's always taken them!)

I tried to see if I could think of at least 10 but this is it in a nutshell! 

beachgal77
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM

1.  Car maintenance.

2.  Lawn work.

3.  Ironing (he was in the military for years and he's much better at it than I am, so he does all of it).

gabeybaby07
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

trash - always . i dont touch it

the bug killer - i scream

directions/getting some where - im always lost

Video game assistance

anything with hooking up electronics

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Takes out garbage, gets things off high shelves, supplies penis and will pick up my slack if I don`t do something. For example, if I don`t have time to wash dishes, he will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM

i have a househubby too. He does most of the "cleaning" its in quotations because he still will not clean the kitchen - sweeping and moping doesnt exist and dh idea of clean is if you cant see it its clean. So i still have to CLEAN when the house gets yucky

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

My DH does all the house hold chores...he is my house hubby LOL, for the mean time I am the one who works full time and he stays at home

Fairegirl33
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM

i was going to say that he does no chores exclusively until i read you reply.... he does car maintenance.

all other chores in the home are shared by all

Quoting earthangel1967:

All car maintenance (I dont even drive anyway) so he also does all the driving

Takes trash out

If I capture any bug like a spider or centipede for example in the house with our bugzooka then when he gets home he takes it outside away from the house and lets it go for me. (i'm terrified of them)

Pays all the bills

Frequently grabs groceries and odds and ends at store on way home from work since he's out anyway (occasionally we do shopping together)

Cleans out the heating registers and on top of the cupboards up near the ceiling for me bc I am always afraid what if there is a spider (does that a couple of times a year)

Plus he works overtime and is our sole provider

RaLeighsMommy11
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Takes the trash out every night, does everything with car maintenance, yard work (mowing & weed eating), scooping poop out of the dogs pin lol. That's pretty much all he needs to do I stay home all day so everything else is already done when he is home. He likes to cook so occasionally he will cook supper for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLuciano02
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

oh not mine, the only thing my dh "doesn't" do is the cooking and the putting away the laundry, it will be totaly weird when he starts work and I am able to stay home

Quoting gabeybaby07:

i have a househubby too. He does most of the "cleaning" its in quotations because he still will not clean the kitchen - sweeping and moping doesnt exist and dh idea of clean is if you cant see it its clean. So i still have to CLEAN when the house gets yucky

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

My DH does all the house hold chores...he is my house hubby LOL, for the mean time I am the one who works full time and he stays at home

Dimples303
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM

My husband washes and drys the laundry (we have to use a community washer) and I sort and fold them... He takes care of the porch and garden area, the cars and lets the dogs out more than I do.

tonoflove
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Well, I am capable of these things, but hubby either does them better or it's something I don't like to do, or he is just 'old fashioned' and thinks it's the husband's job...he does all of the yard work, car maintenance, takes out the trash, bathes the kids, and does the dishes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)