Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What chores does your husband do exclusively?

Posted by   + Show Post

6 Chores My Husband Is Much Better at Doing Than I Am

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 29, 2013 

husband chores

In a house where things are equally divided, there are bound to be some chores at which one spouse is better and others at which the other spouse is better. Hopefully these things balance out. Yesterday, I wrote about the five chores my husband is NOT allowed to do. This is mostly because, well, he kind of sucks at them.

Luckily he doesn't suck at everything and there is a WHOLE lot he can do that I can't. And that, my friends, is called balance.

With no further ado, here are the six chores my husband must ALWAYS do in our house:

1. Take out the trash: It's not an absolute. Certainly I have done it and am capable of doing it, but my spouse is much, much better at remembering the days our trash and recycling pick up. He is also stronger, so carrying two or three bags at one time is easier. Hence, this is his job almost exclusively.
  2. Kiss boo-boos: Yes, I am a mom, but I am not the world's most sensitive one. When my kids fall down, they go to their daddy who is much more loving and sensitive than I am. When he is home, they prefer him.
  3. Getting gas/car maintenance: When it has to do with our cars, I always defer to the old hubs. I know nothing about cars (I am a cliche).
  4. Finding our way: Again with the cliche! I have no sense of direction, so my husband is pretty much solely in charge of getting us anywhere we need to go. It works most of the time. Except for when it doesn't and we wind up lost somewhere deep in the East Village. But that's another story.
  5. Paying the bills: My husband is responsible for 99 percent of the bills in our house. I am aware of what is going on, but he handles the day to day on it.
  6. Walking the dog: This is one I just hate, so my hubs gets the fun. But seriously, the dog just likes him better!

What does your husband do exclusively?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (61-70):
tracy211
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM

My hubby cleans about once every 6 months or so, and that's if I'm lucky.  He is getting a little bit better, tho.  He does all the car stuff and some of the yardwork, but we split that.  Any fix it stuff I try for a month or so to get him to do it, then I attempt, but i don't like doing stuff like that.

model1000mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM

My DH does the laundry. I know I am one lucky lady! and He cleans the bathroom!

Mari6443
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM
My DH takes the garbage out, mows the yard, cleans out the garage, and basically does all the outside chores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM

We usually share chores, but dh takes care of any car repairs that he can do himself, and he also repairs minor things around the house like minor plumbing issues.  He also mowes the lawn.  We both shovel snow in the winter.

lageise
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Too many to mention.  He will pretty much do whatever needs to be done to help out around the house.  Just one of the MANY reasons I love him so much.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Yard work  and trash. He helps around the house. We don't really have "set" chores

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I'm a SAHM, so I guess bills. Everything else, I mostly take care of, but he chips in every now and then.

nikimom926
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Dishes, laundry, cat boxes, most of the cooking, taking out the trash, lifting heavy things, paying bills, shoveling snow, and killing spiders.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM

This haha but my husband is also out of state 5 days a week.

Quoting SierraLynn:

Um.... none except for moving heavy things. The man is almost useless when it comes to housework. Bless his heart.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

printerr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Lawn and gutters.  He also does almost all of the laundry, and almost all of the housecleaning.  He ususally takes out the trash.  He does the dishes probably 3/4 of the time.  He takes care of our son's bath time and sometimes bedtime, and when he's working, he also gets our son up and ready in the morning.  We split the cooking.  I do the bills and car stuff. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN