Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Failed Attempt!! :-( **UPDATE**

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
So as some know, DH and I have been having some issues. So anyway, today, DH happened to be going in to work a little later today, so he was home when I got home from work. I decided to shower before picking Up DS from work. I figured I'd put on something cute and comfortable, make sure my hair and makeup were done and feel confident. My thinking was maybe he'll notice me or remember what he has. I don't know, but something like that. Anyway, I go to say bye to him and he asks where I'm going. I say "to pick up DS why?" "Oh because it looks like you are going to the gym." Ugh!! Really/seriously??!!

Oh well, next time

*UPDATE*

I pick up DS and the first thing he asks me: "did you go workout?" Ugh! Apparently I need more help with this looking cute but comfortable thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Huera620
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Seriously? Nothing from anyone???
little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Skinny legging type pants and a sparkly baggy sweatshirt. Hair in a high messy bun and makeup with earrings. BAM! Instant cute and comfortable
rockinmomto2
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Aww, that's cute but frustrating. For me, cute but comfy equates to stretchy skinny jeans and a fitted but lightweight t shirt. Like today. My favorite ones are from Target. They fit perfectly and stretch nicely but never lose their shape like other brands can.

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM
He probably didn't even notice your hair and makeup were done. Especially if you wear makeup everyday.
Huera620
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Thaays what I was wearing I guess difference was I had a tight zip up sweater, instead of a sparkly one

Quoting little.worthen:

Skinny legging type pants and a sparkly baggy sweatshirt. Hair in a high messy bun and makeup with earrings. BAM! Instant cute and comfortable
little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Yeah zip up sweater = gym.

That's the only reason I wear them..

Quoting Huera620:

Thaays what I was wearing I guess difference was I had a tight zip up sweater, instead of a sparkly one

Quoting little.worthen:

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Aww sorry mama. Hubby rarely compliments me but rewards me in other ways. I'll get dressed up and dd will say "mommy you look so beautiful!". Lol I'm like how come our child can compliment me and you can't. He thinks I'm always looking good so that's why he rarely says it but I te him It's nice to actually hear it every once in a while.
little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Huera620
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM
:-( it was such a let down. I really could have used the attention from DH. Oh well, Nos I know

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting Huera620:

Quoting little.worthen:

little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I know. But at least the honesty will help you for next time! (=

Quoting Huera620:

:-( it was such a let down. I really could have used the attention from DH. Oh well, Nos I know

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting Huera620:

Quoting little.worthen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)