Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you filed for your taxes yet?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you filed your taxes yet?
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I want a fresh start too!! But DH disagrees. Our kids are 9 and 10 and not "ours" (one mine, one his) so he thinks it would be too difficult to start fresh somewhere else. He is considering moving away, but in our state (we live in a small state so nothing is more than a couple hours away, lol). So maybe we will consider that this summer, I would love for him to get a job where I can be a SAHM and maybe homeschool if our kids don't want to go to a new school...but I don't think that will happen in this economy.

Good for you for getting this chance to make a better life for your family!

Quoting liams_mama12:

I haven't even recieved our W2's yet.... I normally would'nt care when I get them but me and hubby are using that money to leave to Seattle. We're starting fresh and its so exciting !!! We just need to pay the movers so we could get out and have a better life for out son Liam :) It's not about shopping or anything these simple minded females out here have. I actually want to better my family :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lisha77
by Alisha on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Nope...I have until April.
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Not yet. We're waiting until DH's payday next week to do them. 

jbjb1024
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:56 AM
We filed over this past weekend. I am happy with what we are getting back. It is going to help with my maternity leave!
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I completely agree with you. Also long as they are done by April deadline what does it matter?

Quoting Mrsfarr:

I've gotten most of our info into turbotax but we don't get paid until the 1st so I'm not going to finish/file until then.

(We budget and manage our money just fine but having husband's paycheck in the account feels better when taking money out in a situation that can wait a day or two. Please don't bash me.)

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Nope next week i have an appt to file them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
05mamo12
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM
We struggled really bad due to my dh not being able to find a steady job last year...think we made less than 13k & have 2 kids...ne idea wat we will get back? PLZ DNT BASH IM HAVING IT HARD ENOUGH!!!!
KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Nope. Going to tonight though.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Sending it out tomorrow. That's the earliest NYS would allow us to do our E-file. SOOO thrilled with what we got back. Hubby made over $100K last year and we thought for sure we would owe..getting a nice amount back :) Now to get to those home improvements I want to do..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN