Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Did you have a baby shower ?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 92 Replies
Did you have a baby shower?
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Nope.  We had 3 days notice from the time we found out about her and the time we brought her home.  Because we were adopting, family members didn't want to spend the time and the money on a shower in case the birth mother changed her mind.  So I kind of got "screwed" out of a shower.

barneysaid
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Yes, for my first born I had a girl baby shower but 4 weeks until my due date, I found out I was having a boy...I was sooooo sad. I had so much girl stuff....

my second son, I didn't have anything...

Shaketa123
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Yea we did and it was actually fun all I did was eat the whole time and opened my presents before half the people arrived

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I had one for my first son and not for the 2nd as we had just moved far from his fam and my fam and friends but they sent things through the mail and brought stuff when they came to visit. I like to go to them and buy stuff for them though. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I had one for my first son and not for the 2nd as we had just moved far from his fam and my fam and friends but they sent things through the mail and brought stuff when they came to visit. I like to go to them and buy stuff for them though. :)
KimTaylor76
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Yep :) most of my friends I know from work so they couldn't all get the day off so we did it like an open house. We had snacks and punch and people would come and go whenever and we just talked and had fun. I loved it, I think probably better than having a bunch of games planned and everything.
liams_mama12
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Yes but we all had to cram in the lower half of my in laws house. My mil is a real piece of work so I didn't want all my family members around her house so I had the shower away from them... my fil showed his face once then disappeared. My mil stayed and helped out, cooked food and everything. I was really surprised. I guess she's just bi-polar. The shower was nice :) But if I could do it all over again, I would've had it upstairs like I first wanted to.... my dh said she would've gotten over it ;) 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Yes with both my kids.

beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Nope, it's not part of the British culture.  Or at least it wasn't when I had my first dd 20 years ago but it may have grown in popularity since then.

by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes! It was amazing! After 2 years of trying and many IVF cycles, my babys hower was perfection! My mom did it which means it HAD to be perfect. I got absolutely everything on our regisrty and then some. My BFF surprised me from Florida (we are in NJ). And it was a surprise. I had no idea until that day. I had so many presents all I did was open them! I didnt even have time to eat anything! I took a couple bites from my present-opening seat. Lol

It was awesome. And for my 2nd, nothing. We dont believe in more than one shower. Plus I was having another girl. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN