Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Did you have a baby shower ?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you have a baby shower?
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Hubby put together a surprise baby shower. Bless his heart he tried so hard but it sucked... Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I was given three that I attended, a diaper drive at my former middle school (where I taught), my inlaws had a grandparents shower in Louisiana (where we're from), and we got a ton of stuff from there. We were beyond blessed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Wow we must have the same family. We purchased everything on our own.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Nope.  We had 3 days notice from the time we found out about her and the time we brought her home.  Because we were adopting, family members didn't want to spend the time and the money on a shower in case the birth mother changed her mind.  So I kind of got "screwed" out of a shower.

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM
We did NOT a baby shower. We adopted two children, we had about a month and half to prepare for them. My feelings are still hurt no one (other then my Mom) took the time to celebrate our children.
briebaby123
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM

My MIL threw me a baby shower (it was a joint one because my SIL was also having a girl 2 months after me)
And then the church threw me a baby shower.

Both were so awesome and we were just so thankful for all the stuff!!

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I had 2 with Ds and 1 with dd
vtmommyof2bratz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM

yes - my mom and sisters threw me 2 showers for each of my 2 girls 

Lorena
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM
For my bio kids no. my bff would have but with my first I lived in Iowa and she in Wisconsin and we were in highschool, my second no because we had another boy, 3 no because we had another boy, my 4th no because she was living in Mexico and I in Wisconsin.
However, when we got custody of my skids my bff threw us a kid shower. They came to use with nothing but the clothes on their backs and it had been awhile since we had small kids in the house.
CJTC0911
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
For our first we did! We got all the big stuff gender neutral, so we could use it for all future children! With our second, family & close friends got stuff for me, but I didn't have another baby shower!
Templeoftrust
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I did not have one and it didnt bother me. Most of my family lives far and we are not that close. My mom, brother and dad brought most of the big stuff like a stroller and crib...etc. My dh family lives far and brought a few things for our munchkin but i brought mostly everything myself because i worked in a department store and used the discount and clearance to my advantage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)