Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Did you have a baby shower ?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you have a baby shower?
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Why did you have one after everything was settled and she was home?

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Nope.  We had 3 days notice from the time we found out about her and the time we brought her home.  Because we were adopting, family members didn't want to spend the time and the money on a shower in case the birth mother changed her mind.  So I kind of got "screwed" out of a shower.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That's terrible. Every new child deserves some type of celebration. Adopted or birthed into a family :(

Quoting iluvsn85:

We did NOT a baby shower. We adopted two children, we had about a month and half to prepare for them. My feelings are still hurt no one (other then my Mom) took the time to celebrate our children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsunshine77
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM

no.  I was supposed to but ended up in the hospital 2 days before my shower.  She ended up being 6 weeks  early.  Never did a do over. 

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Quoting momofsunshine77:

no.  I was supposed to but ended up in the hospital 2 days before my shower.  She ended up being 6 weeks  early.  Never did a do over. 

Thats crummy. You should get a do over now! Lol
AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM

No. I got pregnant in high school, and I decided to keep DS even after a lot of pressure in another direction. My mom and grandparents got me a lot of stuff for him, but I didn't really have a shower.

If I get pregnant again, I would love to have a baby shower. I always felt like DS wasn't really celebrated, because we didn't have a shower or any kind of coming-home festivities. And if I do get pregnant again, my SO won't leave me like my ex did, and his family would really want to throw a shower. Still, I would feel weird because I know it's supposed to only be something you do for the first baby...

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Yeah, I had 3.

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Thats what I thought too! I always felt my family was awesome, but now after the past 2 years ive found out they pretty much suck. With a few exceptions.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

That's terrible. Every new child deserves some type of celebration. Adopted or birthed into a family :(

Quoting iluvsn85:

We did NOT a baby shower. We adopted two children, we had about a month and half to prepare for them. My feelings are still hurt no one (other then my Mom) took the time to celebrate our children.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Wow that's terrible :/

Quoting iluvsn85:

Thats what I thought too! I always felt my family was awesome, but now after the past 2 years ive found out they pretty much suck. With a few exceptions.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting iluvsn85:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1smartcookie
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I had one for my first baby (a boy). Four years later, no shower even though I was having a girl and could've really used some stuff. Never really figured out why. However, for my very surprise third baby, I got a huge shower at home and one at work.

Armywifeholcomb
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
3 for 2 kids...
My DS was the only boy on my side around this area and my MIL & SMIL don't particularly like being around each other (tho since he was born he has brought them together) so I got two for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)