Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Did you have a baby shower ?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you have a baby shower?
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (51-60):
momofsunshine77
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I was bummed at the time, but way over it.  She is now 4 years old and I have a 2 year old - no shower.  No more.  I dont tink I need one anymore.  LOL 

Quoting iluvsn85:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

no.  I was supposed to but ended up in the hospital 2 days before my shower.  She ended up being 6 weeks  early.  Never did a do over. 

Thats crummy. You should get a do over now! Lol

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Even still they could have had done something

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

It took 3 years for the adoption to complete.  I sat back kind of hoping they would at least throw a party of sorts but no.  Everyone kind of congratulated us and moved on.  I expressed to my mom that it would have been nice to have a party thrown for us..  forget the presents.  Some acknowledgement would have been nice.  But oh well.

ETA:  We brought her home before the adoption was final.  We found out about her on a Teusday, met her on a Thursday* (got the day mixed up..  it wasn't Wednesday LOL) and brought her home on a Friday.  She was just a month old then.  We had her home for nearly 3 years before the adoption was complete.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Why did you have one after everything was settled and she was home?

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Nope.  We had 3 days notice from the time we found out about her and the time we brought her home.  Because we were adopting, family members didn't want to spend the time and the money on a shower in case the birth mother changed her mind.  So I kind of got "screwed" out of a shower.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Nope...neither time.  The first time I didn't have any family in town and very few friends.  My co-workers did get together and throw me a little office party and gave me an awesome stroller.  The second time, I registered and got some gifts that I requested, but no party.

Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Huge baby shower. I had 132 people there. I got 3 sets of strollers with matching car seats, two high chairs, and 4 pack and plays. My baby shower was September of 2011 let's just say after taking back what I didn't need/want we were able to get store credit and buy diapers AND formula on a gift card for 7 months straight without taking from our own pocket. I can't honestly say I have a great group of friends and family! I am truly blessed!!
Fairegirl33
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM

yes... for all 3 children too

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I know it..  LOL

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Even still they could have had done something

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

It took 3 years for the adoption to complete.  I sat back kind of hoping they would at least throw a party of sorts but no.  Everyone kind of congratulated us and moved on.  I expressed to my mom that it would have been nice to have a party thrown for us..  forget the presents.  Some acknowledgement would have been nice.  But oh well.

ETA:  We brought her home before the adoption was final.  We found out about her on a Teusday, met her on a Thursday* (got the day mixed up..  it wasn't Wednesday LOL) and brought her home on a Friday.  She was just a month old then.  We had her home for nearly 3 years before the adoption was complete.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Why did you have one after everything was settled and she was home?

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Nope.  We had 3 days notice from the time we found out about her and the time we brought her home.  Because we were adopting, family members didn't want to spend the time and the money on a shower in case the birth mother changed her mind.  So I kind of got "screwed" out of a shower.

littleangie
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM

My sister threw me an amazing baby shower!  She loves to plan things like this and I let her have at it.  The only thing I had to do was show up.

mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM

No. I really wanted one, but I didn't feel right planning it for myself or asking someone else. The only time it was ever offered was early on with my 3rd, but it never actually happened.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Yes, for both :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Nope, not with my first and I really doubt I'll have one for this one either :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)