Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

our first fight as husband and wife *update*

Posted by   + Show Post
Dh is a firefighter. Well today i found out at his new station he didnt put me as emergency contact, he put his mom. Yes this upsets me because i know her, if something were to happen to dh (God forbid) she wouldnt call me or tell me. I told him it upset me and he said he would change it. But im still mad and upset that he would put her instead of his wife. Am i wrong? In my eyes a spouse should be emergency contact not a mother or father after a wedding. When we werent married i didnt really care if he put her as emergency contact on anything. What do you ladies think about this? Am i being whiny and competely wrong?

Update* dh changed his emergency contact. He changed it to me primary, his mom secondary. He said he was just used to putting her on everything and he wasent thinking how important it is that he put someone that answers their phone from unknown numbers. He knows now that not just as his wife im a better choice but because his mom is a teacher and does not answer her phone or texts untill about 5 pm and works in a different town then where he works and it wouldnt be reasonable for her to be somewhere in a quick time limit. Thanks everyone for your advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:33 PM

That is strange.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I'd be mad. In fact I was mad at my spouse for splitting his life insurance benefits between my DS and I. Where's the trust? Plus the hassle of setting up a trust account. He changed it. lol Sometimes men don't think.

KyrinM
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM

My cell phone has three numbers listed under ICE as well.

PISCIS29
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Same here only it's my mom bc dh won't answer calls with numbers he doesn't know THEN its dh. But I could understand you being upset

Quoting Ilovemyboys0321:

I put my dad... I put who I know would answer a call from a random # & be able to respond.
Jerzymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Yeah I would have been a little hurt by it but I wouldn't fight over it though. That's just me.

gabgirl515
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

mamas boy...bullcrap he should put you !!! or maybe he could put you both!!

Jstoddard98
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Ehhh- he's a guy. They do dumb things sometimes because they aren't thinking. He probably just did it out of habit. 

DKk0531
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
He changed it to both of us, me being first. He understands and knows she wouldnt call me if something were to happen
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I'm glad that he changed it. I'm DH's first even though we don't have a car for me I can always call a cab or something. DH's parents live 2 hours away and his mom is secondary.

amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I would be very upset if my husband didn't put me down as an emergency contact.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)