Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our first fight as husband and wife *update*

Posted by   + Show Post
Dh is a firefighter. Well today i found out at his new station he didnt put me as emergency contact, he put his mom. Yes this upsets me because i know her, if something were to happen to dh (God forbid) she wouldnt call me or tell me. I told him it upset me and he said he would change it. But im still mad and upset that he would put her instead of his wife. Am i wrong? In my eyes a spouse should be emergency contact not a mother or father after a wedding. When we werent married i didnt really care if he put her as emergency contact on anything. What do you ladies think about this? Am i being whiny and competely wrong?

Update* dh changed his emergency contact. He changed it to me primary, his mom secondary. He said he was just used to putting her on everything and he wasent thinking how important it is that he put someone that answers their phone from unknown numbers. He knows now that not just as his wife im a better choice but because his mom is a teacher and does not answer her phone or texts untill about 5 pm and works in a different town then where he works and it wouldnt be reasonable for her to be somewhere in a quick time limit. Thanks everyone for your advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
LOVES67
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM

No, I'll be upset to, he has me as emergency contact and second my son or daughter in case they can't reach me..

MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I dont blame you. your his spouse

KJH78
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

The thing is (especially if you are recently married) guys don't think like we do, so putting your spouse down makes perfect sense. He probably really went with what he was use to doing. The fact that he intends to change it without a fight makes it really not a fight! You will have plenty of these discussions where you see things differently and after a chat you each will see the other's point of view!

DonnaPinitonya
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I'm siding with you. I would be hurt and upset. I'm glad he is changing it though, at least he respects you to learn from it.

mommythree0508
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I would also be upset.

Lol I first read that as our fist fight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loving19mommy92
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I understand my husband put his uncle as the beneficiary to his life insurance, I told him it's good to know that his uncle will be set and I will be on my own raising your kid with whatever we had saved. It still hurts me but I do plan on leaving my hubby. I had an awful childhood, and do not plan to stay in an unhappy marriage. He didn't change it after we were married because he is lazy, he took two months after we got married to have us put on his page 2 and by that time my dd was 5 months old. 

CafeMom Tickers

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:04 AM
I would have asked him to have listed us both.. just in case but I would have expected to be first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BKozICan
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Agreed. Dh is a firefighter also. More than once I've been called (luckily over small stuff) and I can't imagine them calling his mom. She would "forget" to call me until she was at the hospital.

grownsexy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I would put both in case one wasn't available and no I would not be upset.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I would be upset too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)