Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

our first fight as husband and wife *update*

Posted by   + Show Post
Dh is a firefighter. Well today i found out at his new station he didnt put me as emergency contact, he put his mom. Yes this upsets me because i know her, if something were to happen to dh (God forbid) she wouldnt call me or tell me. I told him it upset me and he said he would change it. But im still mad and upset that he would put her instead of his wife. Am i wrong? In my eyes a spouse should be emergency contact not a mother or father after a wedding. When we werent married i didnt really care if he put her as emergency contact on anything. What do you ladies think about this? Am i being whiny and competely wrong?

Update* dh changed his emergency contact. He changed it to me primary, his mom secondary. He said he was just used to putting her on everything and he wasent thinking how important it is that he put someone that answers their phone from unknown numbers. He knows now that not just as his wife im a better choice but because his mom is a teacher and does not answer her phone or texts untill about 5 pm and works in a different town then where he works and it wouldnt be reasonable for her to be somewhere in a quick time limit. Thanks everyone for your advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (51-56):
Trish0023
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I would be upset too, for one thing my husbands mom can't drive and the other is I feel like once you get married your spouse should be the first on the emergency list
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:40 AM

It's just habit for him, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been married 30 years and sometimes I still list my Dad as emergency contact.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM

It wouldn't upset me, but I would be curious to know why he didn't choose me. Has he been a firefighter for very long? Maybe he set it up before you two were married?

DKk0531
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
He started with volunteer firefighting in 2008, when he was 20. Then he went to the academy last yr and graduated. He just got hired with a new different department jan 3rd. We were married for two weeks before he got hired with this department. So before when he was volunteering and the academy it didnt bother me. But this time it does. He changed it and put both of us me being primary

Quoting MomToovey:

It wouldn't upset me, but I would be curious to know why he didn't choose me. Has he been a firefighter for very long? Maybe he set it up before you two were married?

nsrush83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM
How long have you been married? Maybe hes just used to putting her down, so he did it this time out of habit?
JeremysMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Same here except I put my mom. My husband works odd hours and sleeps old hours. He is not always available to answer the phone. Since you just got married I am sure he put her name down out of habit. No need to get upset about it since he said he would change it.

Quoting Ilovemyboys0321:

I put my dad... I put who I know would answer a call from a random # & be able to respond.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)