Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Feeling down

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ive just had a baby and i love my husband but he keeps pointing out my weight and telling me i will probably keep putting on more and letting me know all the things he doesnt like about my body. It makes me feel so unworthy of him and i stay p for hours upset with him snoring next to me not caring. Does anyone have any advice for me ? Would be appreciated x
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eesmommy
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Turn off your ears? Punch him in the mouth? Knee him in the dangles?

He is a jerk, don't listen to him, that is mental/verbal abuse and HE needs help.
As far as baby weight, eat healthy, not to lose weight but to BE healthy. Some women lose the weight as soon as baby pops out, others it takes awhile. Don't stress. Hugs
vtmom26
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats terrible. Please dont listen to that crap. Do what you need to for you. Im sorry you have to hear that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Get a great workout in kicking his ass! 

xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow, he sounds like a complete ass. You just had HIS baby and he's complaining about your weight. That isn't okay. He should be telling you that you are beautiful and keep his mouth shut after that.

Ask him how well his body would hold up carrying a child for ninth months.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Not "worthy" of him?!

He sounds like a verbally abusive douche!
You just pushed his offspring out of your hooha and he is criticizing your weight?
Sounds like he needs a swift kick in the dick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly though, we do not tolerant that kind of talk in our household. If one of us starts to get out of line with something, we put each other in check and remind them, that we may have arguesments but we have a Zero tolerance for disrespect. Him picking on you for your weight is unacceptable. If YOU want to lose weight for you, then go ahead, if not it is your body. 

We do not believe it is our place to point out each others flaws unless it directly affects the family. 

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to STFU.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
First comment would have gotten him a punch in the dick if it were me.....so I'm not much help.
MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him to kiss it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm sure he isn't perfect so he has absolutely no right to point out any of your flaws. 

If he were my husband he'd be sleeping elsewhere.

Fairywings1223
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh did the same thing to me. I got to the point we were barely talking. But there was a lot more going on between us at the time. Don't listen to him. You just had a baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)