Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is afraid of spiders!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 83 Replies

Poll

Question: Who kills bugs/spiders in your family?

Options:

The woman

The man

Both of us

The children

We dont kill bugs

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

Hi!

Normaly it is the woman standing on a char when a spider walsk on the floor, but in our family I am the designated spider killer! I have to squash the spider for my husband:). Whats it like in your relationship? Who kills the bugs? :)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I said both of us. He is afraid of spiders, if it is a harmful spider he will kill it if I am not there. If it is harmless he usually has me catch it and let it go outside. We ONLY kill harmful spiders.

As far as bugs, most, we leave be unless they are in the house. Then again, depending on what it is we kill it or let it go outside. 

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM

im itching to post a huge spider pic............*twitch*

xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My husband will and if he's not home, my mother will come over and kill it. She lives next door. lol. If I'm home alone, I'd rather kill the little f*cker than not know where it is.

barrelracer1699
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I put both of us! It depends on what it is. I am fine with bugs and stuff. Once there was a taranchula in my bathroom, yea that was a scream for the hubby. Lizard in the house was just a quick squeal and a scare out the door. The snake in the back porch was a I was in tears! Otherwise I am good with bugs and insects.

jlbelknap35
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Mine too, he broke a dishwasher bc of one. I have had to come to his rescue so many times. It cracks me up cause his lil wife has to save this 6'3", 245lb grown man that is in the navy lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I am the one to kill spiders and bugs. My dh is also afraid of bats, mice, snakes, and even frogs. Oh ya ducks, racoons, bunnies, and horses. Lol he is so funny makes me laugh every time.
LoveMyKBabies
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I hate spiders, but if I manage to make myself go near one, I'll smash the hell out of it. DH catches them & takes them outside...after walking by me & 'accidentally' tripping & 'accidentally' dropping the spider near me. If it's venomous he will smash it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristinen
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

You release them outside?

Quoting jlbelknap35:

Mine too, he broke a dishwasher bc of one. I have had to come to his rescue so many times. It cracks me up cause his lil wife has to save this 6'3", 245lb grown man that is in the navy lol.

jlbelknap35
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Lol hell no, if they are in my house they are dead, that is unless they are a daddy long legs. I've had to many nasty bits from them. I don't get scared of bugs, I have vendedas agensf them lol.

Quoting kristinen:

You release them outside?

Quoting jlbelknap35:

AleaKat
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Depends on the bug!
He kills spiders
I kill wasps and such cause he turns into a sniveling girl when one gets in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)