Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My husband is afraid of spiders!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who kills bugs/spiders in your family?

Options:

The woman

The man

Both of us

The children

We dont kill bugs

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

Hi!

Normaly it is the woman standing on a char when a spider walsk on the floor, but in our family I am the designated spider killer! I have to squash the spider for my husband:). Whats it like in your relationship? Who kills the bugs? :)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (81-83):
jenna30
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM

wink mini

Quoting CarolinaGirl88:

If my hubby's here I make him take care of it. There are those times though when I'm home alone and I happen to find a giant spider has infiltrated our home. Then I get a little... crazy. I can't stand the idea of just using toilet paper/paper towel alone to squish any kind of bug, so I have to get something that will smash it - a shoe, a book, anything heavy. I'll search for my weapon while keeping an eye on the spider because if I lose it I'll become even more paranoid. Once it's squished, I flush the body just to make sure it doesn't come back. I will admit though, that on occasion I've been kind to small spiders and simply tossed them outside. 

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Everybody kills them in my home. My husband is very afraid of spiders, but in his line of work he runs into them a lot, so I guess it's a fear he's had to deal with. I'm not really afraid of them. I don't like them crawling on me, but most of the time if I see one and it's not near me I just leave it be. I'm only afraid of black widows.

jenna30
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM

you rock

Quoting Mommy4000:

Everybody kills them in my home. My husband is very afraid of spiders, but in his line of work he runs into them a lot, so I guess it's a fear he's had to deal with. I'm not really afraid of them. I don't like them crawling on me, but most of the time if I see one and it's not near me I just leave it be. I'm only afraid of black widows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN