Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He did the right thing...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Two years ago, my mother lent us $8000 with the stipulation that we would pay her back in 2 installments with our tax returns.  Last year, we had just moved across country and, although I was not happy about it, we only paid her back $2000, leaving us a balance of $6000 for this year.  Well, when we originally filed our taxes, we were getting back $5000.  I told my mother and she said that was fine because it was all that we were getting (we couldn't give more than we had).  Then the IRS rejected our return because we claimed medical deductions and that brought our return down to $4000.  Without me knowing, my husband told my mother that we were only getting $3000 and then kept $1000 so we could pay some of our bills that we were late on.

Now, I understand his reasoning.  We were depending on a bigger return to pay off bills (money left after paying off Mom) because our situation has changed and we are slowly drowning if we cannot get some things paid down.  However, he LIED to her.  He CHEATED her.  I was furious.  He did all this behind my back.  I told him that he should have had a CONVERSATION with my mother and then accepted the outcome because that would have been the RIGHT and MATURE thing to do.  I have NEVER been SO FURIOUS in all my life.

Later, when I was in the shower, he went in my car and called my mother.  He told her EVERYTHING.  How he lied.  How I was not speaking to him (I think he did that to assure her that I had nothing to do with what happened because she tends to hold these things over my head).  Everything.  I am so gald that he did the right thing.  I did not ask him to.  I was not going to force his hand in this.

I wanted to post this because I have a great husband for one.  But also because there are so many posts on CM about husbands cheating, being lazy, and doing all kinds of crazy things.  But I wanted to say that there ARE good men that CAN do the right thing.  AND HE'S ALL MINE. :)

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EthansFabMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM
That is so awesome!!! Sometimes I get so tired of reading such horrible stories on here...yours was very enlightening and encouraging and I feel inspired to post more on how wonderful my hubby is!!! Thank you so much for posting :):):)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachgal77
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM

That's just awesome!  It's great to hear that people can still do the right thing.  

Ilovemyboys0321
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Awesome! Goes to show, we are human, make mistakes & can do the right thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Why would they reject it for that reason? We claim medical deductions every single year.

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM

The only thing we can think of it that I am not considered disabled?  I don't know.  Everything we put was legit, because we have printouts and receipts to prove that I spent that much in meds and doctors visits.

Quoting furbabymum:

Why would they reject it for that reason? We claim medical deductions every single year.

furbabymum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

We aren't disabeled at all. I'm thinking someone made a mistake with yours. That's my unprofessional opinion at least. We do have an accountant file our taxes as well so I'd think he'd know if we could get the medical deduction or not.

Quoting anotherandree:

The only thing we can think of it that I am not considered disabled?  I don't know.  Everything we put was legit, because we have printouts and receipts to prove that I spent that much in meds and doctors visits.

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)