• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost that Loving Feeling :/

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am currently living in a world where there a lot of things that I am not happy about.  Unfortunately, most of them I can not change.  How do I keep this from affecting my relationship with my husband?   I feel like we no longer have a marriage anymore, we are just roomates.  I know the majority of the problem is because I am unhappy...but again, there is nothing I can do about the things I'm unhappy about.  I go to Church and keep trying to tell myself "Be Happy With What you HAVE", "So many people have so much less than you".  But, no matter how many times I tell myself that, it's not working :(  So, what can I do to make myself deal with those issues and not let it affect my marriage?  And once "That Loving Feeling" is gone from a marriage...how do you get it back?  How do you fall back in love with your Husband?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Life in general can take its toll on many relationships. Routines get hectic and the next thing you know your dh is your room mate. This is my 2nd marriage. My first we grew apart and there was nothing he could do or say that could bring back that "in-love" feeling for me after almost 10 years together. I think we waited to late to fix it. My current marriage has had other obstacles but we are in counseling and it seems to help. Either way good luck and go with your heart. Sometimes it just needs a jump start to get those emotions going again either way life is short.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Huera620
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm afraid that I m in that place right now, but I do love him. I'm trying to.figure out all of.this too! It's so hard, and I feel myself at my wits end right now. I no longer have it in me to argue or care about things. I've been dealing with the same BS now for almost 9 years. Ugh! If you know you have a fight in you still, fight. Don't give up on your marriage just because life took over. Do what you can to bring "YOU TWO" back. Remember the beginning when you guys first met. What attracted you guys to one another? Try taking a trip down memory lane and see what that does for you guys. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)