Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

*Update* My anxiety is tgrough the roof and Im sure Im headed for a mental breakdown. *Warning: Adult language*

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 104 Replies
I just feel like an emotional wreck right now. So I sent this message to hubby via fb...

Hey babe. I had a question and I want you to know Im not trying to start an argument or anything. But why is it a problem that I want to go out with Kristy and Sam tonight? The times I've brought it up you get a nasty attitude about it. You got the weekend away last weekend and have played hockey a lot while I've stayed home with the kids. I think it's only fair that I get to go have fun with the girls like you get to with the guys. I need a break terribly bad. Im starting to feel like Im headed for a mental breakdown.
Like I said Im not saying this because Im wanting to fight or anything, just wondering...
I love you. Just think about maybe letting me go out with the girls sometime. I need it.

He calls me just a bit ago and says, "So I saw your shit on Facebook. You act like Im such a shitty husband. You go ahead and go out! That's fine. Not sure how you're going to afford it but go ahead!". Then he hung up. What am I doing wrong?? My friend asked me to come to her house for a girls night. It wouldn't cost anything. Why does he get so mad when I try to tell him how I feel. Now our day and night is ruined because I opened my big mouth.

I need a break so fucking bad. I have not had a break from my children since a week ago and it was for three hours. Im envious of hubby because since he plays hockey he is gone 4-5 evenings a week, leaving the house around 7 and not coming home till around 11:39pm. He was gone all weekend last weekend for a tourney. I begged my fil to watch the kids for a few hours last Friday. I've been invited to go out with some girlfriends tonight and everytime I bring it up, hubby gets a nasty attitude about it. Then last night while he was playing hockey I had a HORRIBLE night with the kids. I txtd him and told him I was going out tonight. He txtd me back later saying, "okay??". Then when he gets home he says that he has plans for us and he will talk to his dad about watching the kids. I guess there is something called broom hockey for couples tonight. That's cool. I love spending time with him but doesn't he understand that just like he has his time with the guys I need time with my girls. I had so much fun last Friday. I need some friends really bad. My life consists of spending almost every waking moment woth my kids and hubby. I love my family life but Im starting to lose my mind slowly but surely. And it doesn't seem like anyone understands. I feel like going in my room and crying my eyes out right now. My kids are constantly fighting and tattling on each other.
Sorry this is so long but I need to vent. Im so unhappy at this moment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
8 moms liked this

I've said it once I'll say it a million times, watching his own damn kids isn't optional. At least in my house it isn't.

Michelle479
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I hope your day gets better.  Men can be so dense sometimes. Time out with your friends is important for stress relief. Being in the house with kids all day for days on end can be very stressful for both the parent and the child. Is there somplace you can take them for a little while to let them burn of energy so maybe they will be calmer at home. 

SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
If the weather gets nicer I will take them to the park. Im just at the end of my patience. I know I've hit that point where if I really dont get some time away Im going to end up literally losing my mind. Its been a few days now where I know that I've hit that point and no one understands. Hubby needs to suck it up and just let me be an adult. Like I said, I love spending time with him but I need some time away for a while. Some time to just be myself with my girlfriends.

Quoting Michelle479:

I hope your day gets better.  Men can be so dense sometimes. Time out with your friends is important for stress relief. Being in the house with kids all day for days on end can be very stressful for both the parent and the child. Is there somplace you can take them for a little while to let them burn of energy so maybe they will be calmer at home. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
:( Go and cry, you will feel better. I hope things get better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Its past the point of having a good cry and feeling better. I bet if I went to the doc and they took my blood pressure they would want to prescribe me some anti anxiety pills. I don't know how to tell hubby I need some time with my gfs without him feeling like Im telling him I dont want to spend time with him. Im al over the place lately. Im a wreck.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

:( Go and cry, you will feel better. I hope things get better soon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacey1103
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Some times I feel the exact same way. I work from home and only one of my kids is in school. The other 2 are home with me all day. My youngest is so easy, its my middle (he's 3) that drives me crazy and when my oldest gets home, the 2 of them go at it like cats and dogs. It's too cold for them to go in the backyard and play. Hubby works 2 full time jobs and is only home 3 nights a week. But we have an understanding. He gets one night a week for him to go out, and I get one. If my friends aren't doing anything, he tells me just go out and go shopping or something, anything to get out of the house. I'm lucky he's so understanding and knows how hard it is to be home with them. You are going to have to talk to ur DH and let him know u need at least a little time away for a few hours once a week, just to maintain ur sanity.
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM
He believes that when I tell himI want some time with the girls that Im not wanting to spend time with him and dont want to be around him. It has nothing to do with that! Why oh why can't he be understanding like I am. Im so unhappy today.

Quoting stacey1103:

Some times I feel the exact same way. I work from home and only one of my kids is in school. The other 2 are home with me all day. My youngest is so easy, its my middle (he's 3) that drives me crazy and when my oldest gets home, the 2 of them go at it like cats and dogs. It's too cold for them to go in the backyard and play. Hubby works 2 full time jobs and is only home 3 nights a week. But we have an understanding. He gets one night a week for him to go out, and I get one. If my friends aren't doing anything, he tells me just go out and go shopping or something, anything to get out of the house. I'm lucky he's so understanding and knows how hard it is to be home with them. You are going to have to talk to ur DH and let him know u need at least a little time away for a few hours once a week, just to maintain ur sanity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michelle479
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I understand. I love my family more then anything, but some days I just feel like the walls are caving in on me. I tried to tell my husband the past two nights I needed a little me time. You would have thought I was asking for a divorce lol. 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

If the weather gets nicer I will take them to the park. Im just at the end of my patience. I know I've hit that point where if I really dont get some time away Im going to end up literally losing my mind. Its been a few days now where I know that I've hit that point and no one understands. Hubby needs to suck it up and just let me be an adult. Like I said, I love spending time with him but I need some time away for a while. Some time to just be myself with my girlfriends.

Quoting Michelle479:

stacey1103
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Try and schedule some time for the two of u also. We have a date night once a month. Thank goodness for my sister-she watches the kids and we go out, even if its just us having dinner together. We sometimes are only gone 2 hours, but by the time we get home, the kids are in bed and we get the rest of the night alone. He has to be willing to help if its going to work. It's not fair that he's gone for those many nights to do his activities. If u talk to him he should be willing to help.
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I know!!! I told hubby last Sunday I wanted to go out with the girls tonight and he looked at me like I spoke some weird language. I brought it up a few days ago and he was like, "that's fine. Ill just go out with my boys Sat night". Eyeroll. He just had a weekend away, partied with his boys, plus hes gone to play hockey the past three nights. How is that fair?? Then if I bring the fact up that he gets al this time to play hockey and drink with his boys he will either think Im "holding it over his head" or he will say "Ill see if my dad will watch the kids". I love watching him play but dammit, I want some girl time.

Quoting Michelle479:

I understand. I love my family more then anything, but some days I just feel like the walls are caving in on me. I tried to tell my husband the past two nights I needed a little me time. You would have thought I was asking for a divorce lol. 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Michelle479:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)