Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO expect you to be his house b****? WHat good is it to be a house b**** anyway?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sorry....let me rephrase that.  Didn't mean to offend anyone?  His house WIFE/GIRLFRIEND?

Does your SO expect you to be his house bitch?  You know...cook and clean and just be there for him and the kids at all times.  Or do you feel that you are trapped?    What good is it for your relationship to be the house bitch?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I cook and clean and take care of baby... but I'm not working so to me it seems like a fair trade. To me I am just doing my job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Are you trapped?  DO you feel trapped?  Like never get to get out and be yourself?

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

I'm definitely not his housebitch. I'm his wife and he would never disrespect me.

Everything I do is because I enjoy doing it not because he expects it.

1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Didn't mean to offend anyone by saying bitch....aka wife.  But being a WIFE does it mean you are to cook and clean and never get to be yourself?

Quoting mrssummerlin:

I'm not a house bitch. I'm his wife.

nicole2884
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
No. In fact he does dishes cleans the litter box an cooks we split the choirs down the. Middle never would date let alone marry a man like your talking about
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
No I don't feel trapped at all. We have 3 very successful businesses that we run together. Plus our 7 children and all of their crazy friends.

It really takes a lot for me to need my space and even then all I ask is 10 minutes of uninterrupted time. After that I am fair game again.

Quoting 1der1:

Are you trapped?  DO you feel trapped?  Like never get to get out and be yourself?

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

I'm definitely not his housebitch. I'm his wife and he would never disrespect me.

Everything I do is because I enjoy doing it not because he expects it.

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I'm a SAHM but my DH doesn't except me to cook, clean or anything else but care for our children. I do all the housework plus most of the outside work and run errands and do everything else because I want to not because I have to. I don't feel trapped cause I choose this it wasn't foreced upon me. Just because I am home instead of having a job and making a paycheck doesn't mean that DH treats me differently than when I worked. I still get to help make all decisions right along with him. 

Alwayscheerful
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Exactly!
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I'm not and my life and my marriage are awesome. :) We are equals in that he also cares for our kids and we both get time out together and alone. Life is good!

rockinmomto2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

We made the choice together for me to be a SAHM. Sometimes I feel unappreciated, but he's working on that. I'm definitely not his "house bitch" though.

Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
House bitch? Yea...no. However, I am a housewife. I am also a mother. My husband, my children, an myself deserve to live in a clean house. It isn't outrageous for dh to want dinner when he returns from busting his butt to afford me to stay home, stress free.

In return he encourages me to pursue my own dreams and hobbies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)