Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO expect you to be his house b****? WHat good is it to be a house b**** anyway?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sorry....let me rephrase that.  Didn't mean to offend anyone?  His house WIFE/GIRLFRIEND?

Does your SO expect you to be his house bitch?  You know...cook and clean and just be there for him and the kids at all times.  Or do you feel that you are trapped?    What good is it for your relationship to be the house bitch?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM

meaning this is the life that we both want. we both want him working and me to be a sahm. its something we both went into willingly. he doesn't complain about having to go to work everyday. and I don't complain about being a sahm and staying home and taking care of all that and the kids. its something that we do for eachother and our family.

Quoting 1der1:

What do you both do because you want to?

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

wouldn't really use that exact term. but in a way, ya. I am a sahm. so he expects me to stay home and cook and clean and take care of the kids. and to be available to hang out w/ him and that when he is home from work. I don't look at it as a bad thing. he goes to work all day to support our family. he does his job and I do mine. but we don't do it cuz we have to, but cuz we want to.

nyomilooney
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

i think alot of husbands just feel like since we stay home that we dont have it as hard as them and they dont think we need breaks. well im sorry but taking care of kids all day and not having any adult conversation or anything can be stressful. just because were not out making money doesnt mean we dont deserve some time to oursleves.

1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Maybe in your house they are, but not all.

Quoting masonmomma:

Well of course he does! WTH do you think women are for other then sex???

1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Are you criticizing my spelling?  hahaha

Well not everyone works but they have other means of paying the bills.  I dont have a self-worth issue.  I simply asked a question.  No need to make accusations. 

Quoting MrsLondon:

Yes I do work now. I didn't at one point. It was my choice to go back to work because I missed adult interaction. Of course he works. How else would he pay the bills? I also said he helps where needed. I don't have a problem with what our contributions are in my household. I also don't have self-worth issue's. 

From your post it sounds like you do. We expect the best we can be from each other equally. That's it. I work hard and he works hard. Point. Blank. Period. And "criticiszing" is spelled criticizing.

Quoting 1der1:

do you also work?  Does he work?  Seriously....how is paying the bills doing his fair share?  Not criticiszing, just asking.

Quoting MrsLondon:

This. And just as I cook, clean, and do laundry, he pays the bills and helps where needed.

Quoting brittney28:

I'm a house WIFE, I cook, clean, take care of errands and laundry. He helps with all that stuff too. If he considered me a house BITCH we would not be married.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM

he doesn't expect anything anymore. 

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Lmao! What the hell?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Lets put it this way. when he spoils me I spoil him. So it's well worth it. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I like being at home. I worked (made good money) but 3 years ago decided I really wanted to be home so we made it happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you every have any uplifting posts?? No, I am not a house bitch.. just a regular one LOL 

My hubby and I both work so we both contribute to running the house. 

1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM

And how is that....besides the bedroom.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Lets put it this way. when he spoils me I spoil him. So it's well worth it. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN