Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO expect you to be his house b****? WHat good is it to be a house b**** anyway?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sorry....let me rephrase that.  Didn't mean to offend anyone?  His house WIFE/GIRLFRIEND?

Does your SO expect you to be his house bitch?  You know...cook and clean and just be there for him and the kids at all times.  Or do you feel that you are trapped?    What good is it for your relationship to be the house bitch?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (111-120):
Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I guess you could call me that....if you wanted to get slapped in the mouth.

No, I am not his bitch. I'm his wife. I cook, I clean, take care of our kid because I want to. I could go out and get a job, and then the house chores would be divided between the two of us, but...I personally feel that my son needs me to be home. I don't do it for my husband, I do it for my kid, not because I'm his bitch, but because I'm his mother, and its what I chose to do...so I do it.  I'm no one bitch.

Ultra_
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:55 AM

YUP! And I'm not stuck or trapped here.

Quoting Mandymb:

house bitch? IM his wife and i cook and clean for my family but because i want too not because he expects it. he helps out too.

BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I don't feel trapped I feel really blessed that my Husband makes enough money  for me to stay home with our daughter.......an he does go out of his way to show me how much he appreciates what I do .........like bring home a huge bouquet of wild flowers(I hate store bought) he takes us out alot ......were the 3 amigo's!  it's the small thing's that he does or that he volunteer's for that make me fall in love with him all over again............I'm not saying he's perfect ..........because he's not (leaving clothes on the floor,curled up sock's ,wet towels on floor) but all the good he does really over rides the little things,an its the little sweet thing's I love too :)

heartagram_girl
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I want to do it, not because he expects it of me, but because it is one way I can show my love to my family. He helps out sometimes, especially now. I dont feel trapped or resentful, because I dont have to do it- I want to. As for the cleaning- I have a MILD case OCD, so cleaning is relaxing and fun for me.

CafeMom Tickers
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Ummm... no...

I chose to be a SAHM when we adopted our oldest daughter. I've been a SAHM for 6 years. I am not trapped at all... I go out and do things if I wish to do so. I have complete control of the bank accounts as well, although we do have an agreement that we will discuss any purchase over $100 unless it is a gift for the other person. I'm happy with my life. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM

WTF??

No I cannot be a house wife I work outside the home. But after work, I do basically everything. I like too. I like things my way. But he does like to help though.

NikiOcasio
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM

No, my husband doesn't expect me to be his "house bitch".. First time I have ever heard that term. I cook, clean and take care of my family because I want to.. do I feel trapped? No.. If there is something I am not able to get done, my husband helps me with it because he wants to. 

SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

At our home, everyone pitches in. Both my hubby and I cook. My son, daughter, hubby and myself clean, do laundry, take out the garbage, etc. We all live in the same house and we all makes messes it is not fair for just one of us to clean them up.

coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Lllllmmmmaaaoooooooo
1der1
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Back down on the perfection....you aren't right as there is no right or wrong answer.  So dont tell me that my opinions are wrong.  Maybe YOU are wrong. 

Quoting pittymama:

you, again. i almost didn't reply to this because i remember your LAST "he expects me to do everything" and the one about "him not having dinner made on time"

i'm a house wife. he doesn't expect it. I AM HIS WIFE. i'm also a stay at home MOM. your outlook on things is so wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)