Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO expect you to be his house b****? WHat good is it to be a house b**** anyway?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sorry....let me rephrase that.  Didn't mean to offend anyone?  His house WIFE/GIRLFRIEND?

Does your SO expect you to be his house bitch?  You know...cook and clean and just be there for him and the kids at all times.  Or do you feel that you are trapped?    What good is it for your relationship to be the house bitch?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
nyomilooney
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM

i know what you mean. i feel trapped a lot. im a stay at home mom to my 4 kids and 2 step kids. he doesnt really like it when i go places, he says its  not fair if im out running around and taking the kids fun places while hes at work, so i mainly stay home. i hate it. and once in awhile he comes home for lunch so if  i dont have him lunch coooked and ready on  the table by the time he gets here,i get yelled at.

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

This. And just as I cook, clean, and do laundry, he pays the bills and helps where needed.

Quoting brittney28:

I'm a house WIFE, I cook, clean, take care of errands and laundry. He helps with all that stuff too. If he considered me a house BITCH we would not be married.

1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I think our problem is we work different shifts and when we do see each other.....it is his day off and all he wants to do is sit.  I need to be able to get out.  I feel like all i do is work, cook, clean and that's it.  We just moved to an area that we know no body.  I'm so lonely its disgusting.  yea i have 3 kids 15, 13 and 10.  They are off doing their own thing and dont need mother up their ass. 

Quoting nyomilooney:

i know what you mean. i feel trapped a lot. im a stay at home mom to my 4 kids and 2 step kids. he doesnt really like it when i go places, he says its  not fair if im out running around and taking the kids fun places while hes at work, so i mainly stay home. i hate it. and once in awhile he comes home for lunch so if  i dont have him lunch coooked and ready on  the table by the time he gets here,i get yelled at.

1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM

do you also work?  Does he work?  Seriously....how is paying the bills doing his fair share?  Not criticiszing, just asking.

Quoting MrsLondon:

This. And just as I cook, clean, and do laundry, he pays the bills and helps where needed.

Quoting brittney28:

I'm a house WIFE, I cook, clean, take care of errands and laundry. He helps with all that stuff too. If he considered me a house BITCH we would not be married.

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM

wouldn't really use that exact term. but in a way, ya. I am a sahm. so he expects me to stay home and cook and clean and take care of the kids. and to be available to hang out w/ him and that when he is home from work. I don't look at it as a bad thing. he goes to work all day to support our family. he does his job and I do mine. but we don't do it cuz we have to, but cuz we want to. there is way more to us and our relationship then that tho.

1der1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM

What do you both do because you want to?

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

wouldn't really use that exact term. but in a way, ya. I am a sahm. so he expects me to stay home and cook and clean and take care of the kids. and to be available to hang out w/ him and that when he is home from work. I don't look at it as a bad thing. he goes to work all day to support our family. he does his job and I do mine. but we don't do it cuz we have to, but cuz we want to.

shylynn22
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Yes, but he would word it house bi**h.. Sometimes I do because I don't get out much, but my kids are small, and he is always at work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh sure.... I'm a house bitch.. And he works and pays bills... Guess that makes me a prostitute too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
masonmomma
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Well of course he does! WTH do you think women are for other then sex???

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do work now. I didn't at one point. It was my choice to go back to work because I missed adult interaction. Of course he works. How else would he pay the bills? I also said he helps where needed. I don't have a problem with what our contributions are in my household. I also don't have self-worth issue's. 

From your post it sounds like you do. We expect the best we can be from each other equally. That's it. I work hard and he works hard. Point. Blank. Period. And "criticiszing" is spelled criticizing.

Quoting 1der1:

do you also work?  Does he work?  Seriously....how is paying the bills doing his fair share?  Not criticiszing, just asking.

Quoting MrsLondon:

Quoting brittney28:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN