Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO expect you to be his house b****? WHat good is it to be a house b**** anyway?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sorry....let me rephrase that.  Didn't mean to offend anyone?  His house WIFE/GIRLFRIEND?

Does your SO expect you to be his house bitch?  You know...cook and clean and just be there for him and the kids at all times.  Or do you feel that you are trapped?    What good is it for your relationship to be the house bitch?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (91-100):
ashtayk
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM

i feel that way and  im not even a sahm. i wwork and so does he but almost every night he goes out and im  left alone with the baby.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM

No my dh doesn't EXCPECT me to do anything but I am a sahm and I choose to be.

aprilbutterfl92
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Same my amazing DH doesnt expect anything & he helps out , works so much & gives me all i want & need i am a SAHM mom n i GLADLY cook , clean do laundry errands care for our DD n also go out with friends shop n spoil myself n daughter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I am his WIFE.  I work full time, and still maintain the house. WE are a team and he also pitches in if asked. He does his laundry if i get too busy, will take out the garbage and helps if im too tired. 

I prefer to do the cooking, because its what I love to do. I dont do anything because I HAVE to....and he respects me. I do it because I love him, and our family.....

mama.farmer
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

lol Yes, in a sense. If I genuinely made an effort to get some sort of decent paying job and get out of the house, I don't think he'd have an issue with that, but right now, any job I got would not outweigh the cost of childcare, so while I'm home, my job is THE home. He can clean, and has proved it, but he goes to work...what am I supposed to do, sit home and eat bon-bons all day? 

TheMrs407
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I work and pay a good chunk of the bills. DH helps around the house nearly as much as I do. During the summer when I don't work, I take care of everything around the house except mowing the lawn.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I am in no way a "house bitch" as you stated.  I am his wife and that is that.  I will admit I do treat my dh very well  but he respects me and I am not expected to do everything and be at his beckon call!  Just Wow!  I take care of the homefront and he works his ass off at his job.  That is all I am saying!

Neuro
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM

No, he doesn't. I feel more trapped by my job outside of home than I do with him.

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM
While I'm a SAHM I do most of the house work but when he is home he is expect to help around the house and help with the kids. I'm not his bitch, maid or mommy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Swt7
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM
"house bitch!" i resent this word honestly.
I am a mother to my husband and kids!
I am working though i work for 61/2 hrs so the rest i stay home to take care of my family and this is called L.O.V.E!
Learn to love what you are be it sahm or sth else....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN