Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Love vs. Hate

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 37 Replies

Opinions Needed:  In a small disagreement,  my husband said that he hated me.  I was very offended and let him know this .  He has apoligized and said he didn't mean it.  I'm having a hard time moving past this.  Is this a forgivable offense?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Depends on the whole story.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM
3 moms liked this

I think while words can certainly hurt, I think any words are a forgivable offense.  I, however, think that just saying "I'm sorry" and then expecting you to just forget about it and move on is ludacrious.  He hurt you.  He needs to realize that and understand that while you understand that he IS sorry you are going to need time to get past his hurtful words.  You also need to try to move on and hold it over his head.

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes its forgiveable. My dh has said it in the heat of an arguement before I actually found it quite childish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
3 moms liked this
I think the words themselves are forgivable but I feel they came From somewhere. If my dh ever told me he hated me we would have some more issues and would be getting down to the root of that feeling.
CharlotteRose
"A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even though they know you're slightly cracked."
Yesterday at 1:33 PM
by Charlotte on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Dont you ever say things in the heat of the moment?  Sometimes we allow our emotions get the better of us instead of thinking before we speak.  If he continues to say it after he knows how much you are hurt by saying that then yes I feel its unforgivable but if its the first pls give him a break - he already said he is sorry.  

rosekit
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. It would depend on the situation, but yeah, I could probably forgive that...once. If it's a regular thing, then no. Yes, it's childish, but I didn't marry a child, I married a man, and I have no wish to deal with a man child. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

It's okay to be hurt. I would be hurt too.

PISCIS29
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Dh and I have been married 11 yrs living tog. 12 and been together 14 and not once has he EVER said those word to me or me to him. I think that would be a dealbreaker for me. And believe me we've had nasty fights. But never have these words been uttered between us.
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

It is hard to have a relationship with someone. That you hold a gudge against

gonecrazi
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

It should be forgiveable, we all say things we don't mean sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)