Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Opinions Needed:  In a small disagreement,  my husband said that he hated me.  I was very offended and let him know this .  He has apoligized and said he didn't mean it.  I'm having a hard time moving past this.  Is this a forgivable offense?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (31-37):
BrookieCookie1
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

You can't hate someone unless you really love them. There is such a thin line between the two. I knew I didn't love my ex any longer when I didn't hate him. Does that make any sense? At the very least, there is passionateness between the two of you...

SoJosMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Ditto.

Quoting rosekit:

I don't know. It would depend on the situation, but yeah, I could probably forgive that...once. If it's a regular thing, then no. Yes, it's childish, but I didn't marry a child, I married a man, and I have no wish to deal with a man child. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ksueditz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
My teens have said they hate me and I forgave them. I've kidded and told dh I hated him. But if dh said it during an argument, I think it would break my heart and definitely hold more meaning. I would expect him to discuss it w/ me, until I felt we resolved it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
model1000mom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Unforgivable no...unforgetable yes.

Hate is never used by my DH or I. We use the word dislike because we could never hate each other ever.

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Hate is a strong word to throw around. It's forgiveable but it still hurts.
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I would be floored if my husband said he hated me. It just ins't something he would ever do. You're the only one who really knows him and how it was said. Is he immature?

PrdNate
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM
I have always taught our kids that "hate" is too strong of a word and should not be used. There are so many other words to convey "dislike". Your husband probably just chose the wrong word to describe his feelings at that moment. I understand how you feel, but I do think it can be forgiven. Actions speak louder than words - you will be able to tell if he truly meant that or not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN