Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Yay or Nay? Haircut/Color

Posted by   + Show Post

Im wanting to change my appearance a bit. I need it. So, yay or nay on this cut/color for me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
BrookPayton
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I love it. I want to do something similar when I was younger I would have done it in a split second. Now? I'm to chicken shit to now for reason, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
got3boyz
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I say go for it :)

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Oh and a round brush would work but take longer.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Not really. A blow dryer and a straightener would do wonders and I could have it done in 15 min. I dont have very thick hair so a cut like this would help make it look fuller.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Depends on how much time you have to spend on it..... This looks like a very high maintenance cut. Like a 45 minutes to an hour to fix. The red is awesome though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimeegreen4ever
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I like it on you. That red is going to fade pretty quickly so maybe think about getting some red toner to give it back its vibrance when it fades. But I think it would look good on you!
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM
My friend is an amazing hairdresser. Im going to talk to her about that. That's one thing I hate about red color. It fades way too fast. My hair takes to red really well though.

Quoting aimeegreen4ever:

I like it on you. That red is going to fade pretty quickly so maybe think about getting some red toner to give it back its vibrance when it fades. But I think it would look good on you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I did almost the exact cut/color last Thanksgiving. But I have thick wavy hair, which made it high maintenance. And it was darker red. But I think you'd look good w the different red tones. In your pic it looks like you have the skin tone and eye color to rock it :-)

The only thing I hated, and still hate, is the growing out process. I stared growing it out about 6 months ago. We keep trimming the bottom to get it a little more even w the rest of the layers. And so my hair is still short when I just want my long hair back!!! So that's the only complaint I have about it. Everybody loved this cut on me. You'd be surprised how much you can actually do w that style :-)
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
See I have thin straight hair, so this cut will help give me some body. And you're right, there are lots of things you can do with this cut. Im excited! Do you have any pics?

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I did almost the exact cut/color last Thanksgiving. But I have thick wavy hair, which made it high maintenance. And it was darker red. But I think you'd look good w the different red tones. In your pic it looks like you have the skin tone and eye color to rock it :-)

The only thing I hated, and still hate, is the growing out process. I stared growing it out about 6 months ago. We keep trimming the bottom to get it a little more even w the rest of the layers. And so my hair is still short when I just want my long hair back!!! So that's the only complaint I have about it. Everybody loved this cut on me. You'd be surprised how much you can actually do w that style :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I do not like the right side haircut because it is too strong.  I think you are very approachable with the left hair cut.  Hair color on the right side is too strong too.  A nice auborn brown would look great on you.

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Thank you for your honesty. :). However I am wanting something extreme.

Quoting emarin77:

I do not like the right side haircut because it is too strong.  I think you are very approachable with the left hair cut.  Hair color on the right side is too strong too.  A nice auborn brown would look great on you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremiahJackson
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Hell ya! That would look great on you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)