Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

is there anybody who believes chivalry still lives?

I'm 23 married for 3 years. i was a virgin when i married my husband. and he was a virgin when we married also. he opens my car door, any door i come to he races me there to get to it first. he tells me I'm beautiful like its my name. he ifs constantly complimenting me. i never wonder if he loves me. he ifs 100% faithful. never looks at another woman (at least that ive seen. hes's not dead. even i notice women sometimes) he never has hit me or disrespected me. dating he was a pure gentleman. always paid for dates. he has always been concerned for me in everyway. we arent perfect. we fight. he sleeps on the couch sometimes lol. but he loves me with all of himself. we dont have kids. i miscarried. but he is determined to give me a baby. i read these things about fwb or dh cheating and just wonder if i really did get the last good guy there was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
wannabpregnant
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM
for me, it makes me feel safe. yeah i can open my own door. i am capable of doing whatever i need. but the fact that he cares enough to do it for me, to make sure I'm ok, it does something to me. to know he lives too make me happy is an assuring feeling. idk.

Quoting AleaKat:

I don't know how I feel about chivalry.

It started cause women were considered too weak to open their own doors and such because they bled once a month.

Of course they didn't know what we know now.

deputygirls28
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Nope, my husband is amazing. He treats me like a queen and the girls like princess'. He is the best I could ever ask for!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
My husband is perfect for me. He is loving, polite and great with my kids. He opens doors and such for me, spoils me and tells me I'm sexy, beautiful, ect. I am bisexual, so we woman watch as a couple. He would never disrespect me either. We have the fairytale that works for us☺
AleaKat
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Oh ill agree its nice when there are good intentions.

Quoting wannabpregnant:

for me, it makes me feel safe. yeah i can open my own door. i am capable of doing whatever i need. but the fact that he cares enough to do it for me, to make sure I'm ok, it does something to me. to know he lives too make me happy is an assuring feeling. idk.

Quoting AleaKat:

It started cause women were considered too weak to open their own doors and such because they bled once a month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazzgirl205
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I know why you posted this.  So many women on this site make postings about horribly dismal husbands.  It makes me wonder why women will get together with men who do not respect them.

I've been married 25 yrs and my husband is a wonderful gentleman.  Like ya'll, we both waited until we married to have sex.  Chivalry does not make me feel weak.  It makes me feel respected.  Also, my 15yo dd sees this and knows how boys are supposed to treat her.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM

There are many good men in the world

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Nope, mine is the same. Perfect gentleman :)

RigPrincess85
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
My DH is a country boy from Texas... He does the same. One of the many things I love about him :)
armstrong7984
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Quoting AleaKat:

Unless its the doors here in North Dakota, couldn't count how many times I couldn't open up those freaking doors. I guess because of the wind they get here they make the doors super heavy so if my hubby isn't there then at times me and my mom have to both push on it
WesternNYmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Nope it is not dead.  My husband is truely a gentalman.  He holds doors open for me, gets things down from high shelves for me when I ask, and he is the best husband and father any woman could ask for.  Unfortunately, I had to kiss a couple of toads, before I found my Prince.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN