Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

is there anybody who believes chivalry still lives?

I'm 23 married for 3 years. i was a virgin when i married my husband. and he was a virgin when we married also. he opens my car door, any door i come to he races me there to get to it first. he tells me I'm beautiful like its my name. he ifs constantly complimenting me. i never wonder if he loves me. he ifs 100% faithful. never looks at another woman (at least that ive seen. hes's not dead. even i notice women sometimes) he never has hit me or disrespected me. dating he was a pure gentleman. always paid for dates. he has always been concerned for me in everyway. we arent perfect. we fight. he sleeps on the couch sometimes lol. but he loves me with all of himself. we dont have kids. i miscarried. but he is determined to give me a baby. i read these things about fwb or dh cheating and just wonder if i really did get the last good guy there was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
kagegirl
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM

my df is a total gentleman. i'm a lucky woman

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM

My husband is the same....I read some of these women's stories on here and it seems like these days it's expected for men to act like jerks, and they PUT UP WITH IT!  It's so sad and it's an endless cycle.  

Then again I read a quote that maybe more men would be compelled to act like gentlemen if more women acted like ladies.  A lot of women out there are equally as horrible as men can be.  I'm super thankful for my husband, he isn't perfect...we have our arguments and our differences but he is one of a kind, definitely not like all the other dogs out there.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

wannabpregnant
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM
well put. so true

Quoting MMerrill:

My husband is the same....I read some of these women's stories on here and it seems like these days it's expected for men to act like jerks, and they PUT UP WITH IT!  It's so sad and it's an endless cycle.  

Then again I read a quote that maybe more men would be compelled to act like gentlemen if more women acted like ladies.  A lot of women out there are equally as horrible as men can be.  I'm super thankful for my husband, he isn't perfect...we have our arguments and our differences but he is one of a kind, definitely not like all the other dogs out there.

wannabpregnant
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
yeah. its not evrryoned standard for sure. i grew up watching my Daddy with my mom. she's not the fragile type, but he never stopped. she grew accustomed to it. now she loves it and expects it. lol. but i waited for a man like my Daddy and my brother. so respectful. my brother was a virgin when he married. so was i. its rare. but its who we are

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

Quoting AleaKat:I don't know how I feel about chivalry.

It started cause women were considered too weak to open their own doors and such because they bled once a month.

Of course they didn't know what we know now.

Agreed. I actually would have been insulted if my husband treated me like I was too fragile to do things for myself. I think that there is such a huge range of what people are comfortable with. Its so great that your husband is your ideal man! And its great that mine is mine, even though he isn't likeyour husband. I love that there is so much variety in llife :-)

Adored45
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I require it!

SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I believe it still lives. My hubby does a lot for me and is a gentlemen, but I am so independent that I just usually do things before he has a chance.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Uh huh. Married for 3 years. We'll see. lol Anyway, my DH cheated 4 years ago and I'd consider him to be the best of men.

I'd be annoyed if he rushed to beat me to doors personally. If he happens to get there first he holds it but I'm not exactly a weeping violet over here.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Nope you didn't get the last one.... My husband treats me like royalty and practically worships the ground I walk on (as I do him). Also my 2 sons have always been very loving attentive boyfriends to their significant others as well and they are only 17 1/2 and 25.

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Oh and also after my divorce when I was online dating locally I honestly met a lot of really sweet, intelligent, romantic, attentive, respectful men leading up to meeting my husband who is my soulmate/bff. and the best one of all : )

YVONNE

emillz92
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM

It's silly to think you could have found the last one. Mine is amazing. There are good guys out there, but a lot women don't care enough to try to find them or choose to be dumb and see chivalry as treating them like they're weak.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)