Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm so done with Facebook!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Me and my SO both have FB. I'm pretty private so I only allow friends and family on my page and he's a total social butterfly so he pretty much adds whoever request him. I went on his page a few times and saw that they're some women on his page showing a lot of there "assets". After a while it started to bug me because we just had a baby and I feel that it's inappropriate so I asked if he knew the girls and he said no. I felt that they should be deleted and it turned into an argument so he did it out of anger and blocked me from his friends list. I was pissed because I felt like his fb is so important to him that he needs to hide who's on his page from me so he doesn't have to hear it, I mean if they're not family or friends and you just added them then it shouldn't be a problem unfriending them but to him it was such a big deal so I got upset and deleted him off my page. Im just tired of dealing with all the b.s. am I wrong? It's really bugging me that it's such a big deal to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
aphrodite7400
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM
3 moms liked this

i think you overreacted.  its just silly FB. i dont take it seriously at all.  

willow105
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

No,I don't think your wrong. I'd be upset to if my husband did that.

But,I don't have to worry about it cause he's not on Facebook like me.

LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree.

Quoting aphrodite7400:

i think you overreacted.  its just silly FB. i dont take it seriously at all.  

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

If his FB page bothers you, it is better not to go there so maybe being unfriended is better.  Some unfriended me when I spoke my mind when they commented on a political aspect and comment they made.  It may have been on a relative's comment but it showed up on my page and i responded.  I started to go on there less.  It is mostly garbage anyway.  I see it good for keeping in touch with people but then to say anything that means anything you have to go to message or send an email or call them. 

I do agree that a SO or DH should not be flirting on FB or on email or anywhere.  I think he is more not wanting to put up with your complaints rather than his FB is so important to him.   Yet maybe you are finding out that you are not on the same page.  You may be right.  If he can't be open with you, what do you have in common? 

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
3 moms liked this
It has nothing to do with her being insecure it has her dh being disrespecting her. Sounds like he is acting like a single guy

Quoting JeremysMom:

He probably feels like because you are insecure then he is being punished.

C.Fleury
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It's Facebook, not life. It's a social networking web page. I think you may have overreacted a little, however I don't understand why e wouldn't delete people he doesn't know. Honestly more than likely they are probably spam. Think about it this way, would you rather him just look or act more on it. Men are very visual. He's just looking.

Good luck !!! Pick your battles wisely. It's absurd to me to fight over facebook.
JeremysMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

She had no problem with it until after she had the baby. Or she didn't vocalize that she had a problem with it until he had been doing it for months. Either way, I honestly think that she approached this the wrong way. All I was saying was that this is probably how he felt when she told him this. 

Quoting CharlotteRose:

It has nothing to do with her being insecure it has her dh being disrespecting her. Sounds like he is acting like a single guy

Quoting JeremysMom:

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Quoting JeremysMom:

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM

? Why did you post this a second time?

Quoting CharlotteRose:

Quoting JeremysMom:

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Facebook is DRAMA!  Better to just delete your page and stay off of it.  As for your husband, I would be very upset with him for blocking me and not deleting women he doesn't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)