Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm so done with Facebook!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Me and my SO both have FB. I'm pretty private so I only allow friends and family on my page and he's a total social butterfly so he pretty much adds whoever request him. I went on his page a few times and saw that they're some women on his page showing a lot of there "assets". After a while it started to bug me because we just had a baby and I feel that it's inappropriate so I asked if he knew the girls and he said no. I felt that they should be deleted and it turned into an argument so he did it out of anger and blocked me from his friends list. I was pissed because I felt like his fb is so important to him that he needs to hide who's on his page from me so he doesn't have to hear it, I mean if they're not family or friends and you just added them then it shouldn't be a problem unfriending them but to him it was such a big deal so I got upset and deleted him off my page. Im just tired of dealing with all the b.s. am I wrong? It's really bugging me that it's such a big deal to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Childofares
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this

If someone (even a spouse) arbitrarily ordered me to delete friends off my Facebook for no justifiable reason (no flirting comments, no messages) then I'd tell them to eat a bag of dicks. But I've been told I'm too blunt. 

Jacylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Totally feel ur pain! It's fucking annoying, I gave up on nagging at him, if he ever cheats I'm gone
AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Dh has all his high school girlfriends, and other women showing their, "assets," on his facebook, because he needs the networking for his business(and because he likes to flirt occasionally) but I deleted mine and haven't had it or seen his for months. I can't stand facebook, especially if I have to look at sluts all day. So I just let him do his thing and never go anywhere near facebook - it's just a waste of time for me anyway. 

It bugged me too, so you're def not in the wrong. If he doesn't need the networking or have any real reason to have them on there, you should definitely demand that he delete them if it bothers you that much.

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:13 PM
It truly amazes me how immature some men can be.

We have a buddy my husband was in the navy with. He definitely the typical guy when it comes what pictures he likes.

Because we are friends on Facebook everything he likes posts to my wall. A lot more than I want to see but the problem I have is my kids are always close by and I don't want them to see that stuff.

I sent him a quick message asking him to try and find away to block that stuff from posting on my wall.

He told me he would see what he could do.

Guess what he figured out how to block that stuff. It has been almost 4 months.

He is single and more mature about Facebook than some of the stories I hear on here.
JeremysMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
You do know that you can change that setting as well so you are not seeing it, right? Why is it his responsiblity to change what YOU see on your newsfeed.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

We have a buddy my husband was in the navy with. He definitely the typical guy when it comes what pictures he likes.

Because we are friends on Facebook everything he likes posts to my wall. A lot more than I want to see but the problem I have is my kids are always close by and I don't want them to see that stuff.

I sent him a quick message asking him to try and find away to block that stuff from posting on my wall.

He is single and more mature about Facebook than some of the stories I hear on here.
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
OH FFS! Really? Why are you getting so worked up over him doing it and not me? It didn't bother him to make the adjustments. Why does it bother you? Don't have men in your life that have respect for you and your wishes.

Get over it!

Quoting JeremysMom:

You do know that you can change that setting as well so you are not seeing it, right? Why is it his responsiblity to change what YOU see on your newsfeed.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
All I am saying is that if I don't like something that I see on Facebook, I don't expect that person to change it. That is my responsibility. I will apologize though because I misread your comment. I thought you had said that it has been four months since you asked him and he still hasn't done it.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

OH FFS! Really? Why are you getting so worked up over him doing it and not me? It didn't bother him to make the adjustments. Why does it bother you? Don't have men in your life that have respect for you and your wishes.

Get over it!

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

avaana06
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Sounds like your husband isn't considering you at all.

HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

no not at all! why does he need sluts on his page he doesn't even know??My DH deleted his out of respect for something like that. I only keep family and friends so i don't have to deal with the drama. I have some old high school friends, but as soon as they get inappropriate with their post their gone.

frzmamaof4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM
That's why my dh and I don't have a FB, too much DRAMA!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)