Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your signficant other?

Posted by   + Show Post
How did you met your significant other?
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Armywifeholcomb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I was a custodian at the armory, we talked a little but neither of us made a move (he thought I was probably too young, I knew he was married with 4 kids- wasn't going to try to screw that up!)
One night I was out with one of my BFFs (& her BF)that I have known forever. We went to a club.
She commented about a couple guys hovering that she thought wanted to ask me to dance (they were kinda yuck!) "naaah but If one of those soldiers asked.... "(DJ had commented on them being there bc they were having a get together before deployment) but as soon as I said that I would dance with a soldier if asked, I turned around and saw him, all I could say is "HEY! It's YOU!"
I will never forget the look on his face, jaw literally dropped.
We talked for a minute before another guy came up to ask for a dance, I told him sorry but I was just asked and pulled him to the floor. Lol
That's when I found out that he was waiting on the divorce to be finalized, and he found out that I was old enough!
Happily married 3 years later
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PrincessButton
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM

My bestie had met him on one of the rare occasions that she went out without me. They only had contact trough txting, she wasn't interested in him but dragged him along for the attention. One day while he was at work he txted her saying he was out of cigarettes, I suggested we take some to him bc that would be the nice thing to do. She didn't really want to but I talked her into it. When we got there she sat in the car while I got out and got to know him. We completely clicked, I told him right then that I didn't know in what context but that he was suppose to be apart of my life. My bestie stopped talking to him but him and I stayed friends for years, best friends. Finally we both admitted the long standing feelings we had for one another but at that first meeting I knew he was my other half.

jbjb1024
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
In an AOL chat room when we were 16
LovelyLady1206
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We met at a karaoke bar : )

gonecrazi
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I was working at a conveniencestore counting cigs  when he came in to use the restroom (he is a paramedic). He noticed my butt and decided to try to run some game, but I was not interested so I blew him off. Later that night a friend of his came in I asked about him and the friend told me his name. He gave me a number where I could leave a message. A Few days later I left a messagehe called me back. We had our first date at his house watching movies. We became inseperatale after that. That was Feb of 2001 we were married July 2001.

aphrodite7400
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

at a pizzeria.   he was making pizzas int he back when i walked in to pick up lunch for my coworkers and i.  its been almost 8 yrs married since then! 

MJP76
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

In a bar.

DKk0531
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Me and dd were at one of the local parks. She was just learning to run and tripped and scrapped up her knees, chin and nose. I was cleaning her off and up comes running this guy with a first aid kit. He helped clean her off then invited us to a bbq. We spent the next 7 hrs at the park...untill sundown. When we were leaving he kissed me and that was the best kiss of my life. 1 yr and 6 months later we were married
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
We met in jr high but reconnected after several yrs thru mutul friends.
alexislovesjr
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM

He was my boyfriend 's best friend, it was high school and he broke up with me. My DH was crazy about me and when we split I decided to give him a chance, he was super cute. So glad I did :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)