Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your signficant other?

Posted by   + Show Post
How did you met your significant other?
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Through a friend of mine!  :)

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I first met my husband in 1995. I was just shy of 15, he was a 21 year old marine stationed in Hawaii.

I was part of a youth orchestra that traveled the world performing.
While in Hawaii, the director of the orchestra gave all of us a day off so we could enjoy the sights.

I decided to join a few of te older members and visit the Arizona memorial as well as the Pearl Harbor memorial. We stopped at the international market before we went to the memorial, and while we were there, the older members left me, stranded and alone. I panicked and started to freak out.

While I was trying to figure out what to do, I was approached by a rather geeky looking young man with a high and tight hair cut. He asked if I was ok, tried to call the hotel for me. He then asked if I wanted hi to take me back to the hotel. I said no at first, until he handed me his military ID and said I could hang on to it until we got back to the hotel.

On our drive back to the hotel, we got to talking and when I mentioned how dissappointed I was because I didn't get to see the Arizona memorial, he turned the car around, took me to the memorial, got me lunch and then took me back to the hotel. As we parted ways, he handed me a small Pearl Harbor souvenir in a box. Inside the box(I found out later) was his email address.

I went my own way, he went his. I grew up, went to college, got married and had kids. After 8 years of marriage, my husband cheated on me and I left him.

One day, while talking to a friend, he mentioned that he had a single buddy that was looking for a nice girl. He asked if he could give me this guys address. I agreed, and lo and behold, it was the same address that the young geeky Marine had left in the box back in 1995.

We started emailing, and 2 weeks later I flew to FL to see him(he flew me down). He asked me to marry him that night and told me that he had never met anyone who met up to my standards and he had been trying to find me for years.

Next January for our 4th wedding anniversary, we are going back to Hawaii to renew our vows.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I met my SO at a gas station of all places. I was hanging with a friend of mine and we had stopped there so i could use the restroom and get a drink. As i was going in I almost ran smack into a guy that was coming out. I didn't pay much attention at first and said excuse me as i went inside. When I came back out my friend was out of the car talking to a cute stranger. She introduced us (he used to be married to her cousin), We hit it off and he came and hung out with me and my friend for a little bit before coming to my place and having dinner, movie and wine lol. Well he ended up staying the night for the rest of the week. About a month later i found out i was pregnant with DS. Since we didn't really know each other, i gave him the option to leave or stay. I wasn't going to have none of the in and out of a childs life as he saw fit kind of thing. Well he stayed and here we are 7 and half years later with 2 kids and i couldn' be happier. He actually helped me leave an abuisive situtaion.

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM
My best.friend was dating his.best friend...well really yhere still dating and planning a wedding
Alwayscheerful
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I met him at work.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

online dating - couplemakers.com

YVONNE

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I was out with a gf and she decided we needed to go to a bar - my first bar in 20 years.  I was drinking water and trying to stay away from the creeps and he was a friend of a friend and he was kind enough to put his hand on my back and the creeps wouldn't approach me anymore.  Hahhaa, he still makes fun of my "water with lemon" standing order at the bar!

mkmommy0406
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Haha!! We actually argued the first time we met! I was 13 he was 15 or 16, my cousin had taken me and some friends out one night and we were stopped in a parking lot. He came over and started hitting on my friend who had a boyfriend at the time. I immediately pointed that out and he immediately said he didn't care! They dated for a while and we became friends. About three years later, we started dating and have been together ever since. Married for 9 years and going on 13 years together total!!
heartslove09
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM

When I was 14 in highschool , still together : )

Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM

In a white van...lol. We worked together and carpooled in a white van. We used to work in stores all across Southern California, and we worked together one night, and pretty much have been together since. We've barely gone a day without seeing each other.

I later found out, the night he met me, he texted his cousin and told him he was in love, lol. It was a love at first sight kinda thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)