Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you meet your signficant other?

Posted by   + Show Post
How did you met your significant other?
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
Ultra_
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Online in a way. In person in a way. I was on AOL chat in 2001? I only went to MSN normally, but it was down, he imed me. Did the ASL thing and I said I was from Alvin. He said "I play drums at a church in Alvin". He was from a town 45 minutes away. I said, "Which church?" He said, "It's small, you probably don't know about it" I said, try me. When he told me, I was like, I just visited that church last Sunday night. I had been checking out the drummer and after I said I went, he asked for a picture. When he opened the email he was like :O OMG! He had been checking me out, but his friend told him I had a boyfriend so he didn't talk to me. She knew because we went to the same HS, but him being from a different city didn't know. EVERYONE in my HS knew me and my bf. Anyways, from there we just kept talking as friends. Then he started picking me up for church and then grabbing food after as friends. Never touching each other other than aquick hug bye. My bf was getting worse and worse. I eventually broke up with him. Got with my husband and there you have it.

jrfan4evermom
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Craigslist personals...... :) 4 years ago been married for 2.5 years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PrdNate
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM

We met in 4th grade (I was his backup running back on our midget football team) - we stayed friends throughout middle school and high school.  We started dating in our senior year of college and we will be married 22 years this April.

heartagram_girl
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I was working at a gas station/package store, and he came in drunk as a skunk trying to get some rum! I made him sit down and talk to me till a buddy of his came to drive him home. I thought that was the last I saw of that funny, handsome man, but the next day he showed up- and every day after that. He kept asking me out for 2 months straight, but I refused. Luckily he didnt give up and and I finally gave in! Now, 3 1/2 years later, we are happily married and expecting a little bundle of joy!

CafeMom Tickers
mommieofII
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I met him throught my "OLD" best friend.... She was dating his brother.. One day my friend asked me if I wanted to go on a bike ride (motorcycle) and I said with who and she said her boyfirend and his brother, so I agreed.. Never thought we would date though, since he was dating someone for just 3 months and I had just gotten out of a 4 year relationship... But it was obv fate cause he broke up with the girl a week later and we started dating a week after... been together 2.5 years :)

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

We worked across the street from each other and met at the bus stop on the way home one evening.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Long story short through a mutual friend we had. We saw each other in passing a number of times though. Too long of a story to type lol 

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
My brother set up a blind date for us. Him and his wife joined us for part of it, so it wouldn't be to awkward.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
BellaByrdie
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I met him at work. He was a chef I was a server. I had locked my keys in my car. Our manager told me to go ask the chef to help because he was on the phone. His response was Ohhh they had you come ask the black guy. I burst out laughing and said shut and help me break in. He got my number before I left then called me that night. Over 10 years later we are still going strong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2wife1
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We met in the Marine Corps in Oceanside, Ca. We were both going on our 2nd deployment to Iraq. I volunteered to deploy with his unit right after I had just gotten home from a deployment. I was stationed in Yuma, Az and had a gut feeling to take the offer to deploy with a unit getting ready to ship out after one month of getting home from my first deployment. I went to CA by myself and to his unit and from the first time I saw him I knew I was in love. He felt the same way and still tells me how cute I looked with my camis and boots on. We deployed together for 1 year. When we got back we ran off to Vegas 1 day later and got married. We have been married for 4 years and have 2 beautiful girls together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)