Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you ever ask yourself "what if?"

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 27 Replies

What if I didn't get married so young? What if someone would have encouraged me to get and do more in life?

What if???

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Its not good to live with regrets. Just learn from them and move foward.
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM

i never had to, because i married at 32

i am glad i waited.  i got to travel all over the world, had no worries, no kids, no jealous or insecure BF, partied like i wanted to.  and i i knew when i found the right guy i would.. and i did... 

pittawadda
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I use to, but the way my life ended up, I sort of feel like I am doing backwards. I love my husband and  I regret nothing. Our situation couldn't really be helped, it happened when it happened :-)

But I am thankful for it and I'm happy I had children younger. I am now 29 and my oldest is 8 and youngest is 3 soon. I am now kind of becoming back to myself and it was tough realizing that yes I was young but it wasn't anyone's fault or anything. 

It's just how my life turned out and I am happy with it. I have A LOT of it left. I can still do a lot and I have still gone out and still travel when I can. 

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I didn't marry until my mid20s, waited to have our first child when I was 30.
I have never felt like I gave anything up, or missed out on anything.

However, I do know a loot of people share your perspective.
nicole2884
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I cant relate i got married at 26
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Yes. What if we never immigrated to the states, what if we went to california not New York? What if....you get it.

Than I remember that it's stupid. What ifs are a narrow way to look at things.
MrsLuciano02
by Busty Mama on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I still would be with my ex who was using me for my money and I wouldnt be on my own because I was on the verge of loosing my apt when I was with him, but I am very thankful I met my dh and how he has changed my life
sydjademom24
by Rachel J on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Nope. I wouldn't have found my true love. I have no regrets about marrying young. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
MomRocs1102
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I married at 23 I don't think that's getting married young, I do wish when i was younger like out of high school i had a better support system and positive people around me.  I could be a lot further in life like already in a career, and i could had gotten rid of the negative people years years ago.  I think we all ask what if at some point were human.  

rosekit
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM

No. I was young when I got married (20), but I didn't have to get married. I had my daughter at 15, but by 18, I had a college degree, and supported us fully. I sometimes I wish I'd had time to just be me, before I had kids, because I never really got to make mistakes, screw up, the way teens without kids can, but I'm happy. I love my life, I love my family, and I wouldn't change anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)