Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

OMG....am i turning into a paranoid freak?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
Okay short and to the point.been with guy 8 years great guy wonderful dad to my kids every now and then issues i am a really untrusting bitch with cause from previous.Lately I feel like i dont know him.we have moved to new place and things just dont feel right,people he has visit,or work with.granted hes one that if someone needs help he will be suckered in but i just am not getting good feelings off this.the kids even notice...like he went to store and was gone 2 hours.daughter says wow dad that was long and went in her room shes 9 and up till now his princess.Soooooo opionated ones please share give me thoughts to ease my mind or up my meds lol
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Titana
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I think instincts are strong and usually right. Tell him how u feel in a non confrontational way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Um 2 hours at the store? Did he give a reason why? If not then something is off...  Just ask him. Sheesh.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I've been known to disappear to the store for 2 hours myself when I really need to get out of the house and away from my family before I snap. Unless you actually have proof of something happening I wouldn't go looking for fire. Then again, I don't like paranoia and insecurity, they are huge turn offs for me.

Cindy1221
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Maybe he is going through some kind of change too, you guys moving can be a bit stressful for everyone involved. I wouldnt get all paranoid about things. Let some time pass, get use to your new environment. Change can bring all kinds of feelings and insecurities up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

First he's not your ex or whatever happened to make you so paranoid. I hate when people put that stuff on their new SO. It's not his fault things happened in your past and you don't sound over it if you are looking for it to happen again.

I'm not sure about your SO but my DH once spent 30 mins reading the label of every single jar of peanut butter. So a 2 hour trip wouldn't be totally abnormal for my man.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

This really isn't much to go on. Ya'll just had a big move, it will take time for things to settle back into place. Going to the store for 2 hours is no big deal. Maybe he got caught up looking at something, maybe he was looking for a Vday gift or something? There are alot of reasons. 

I wouldn't put your old insecurities on a new relationship. It isn't fair to your man, he didn't cause those insecurities. That could lead to alot of problems.

vinalex0581
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

can you elaborate?

maybe you shouldn't have been short and to the point.

has he giving reason for you to not trust him?

has he done this before?

honestly, we can give you advice until we are blue in the face but we are NOT YOUR HUSBAND.

only your husband would have an answer.  ask him. marriage is about communicating.

Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Today at 11:47 AM
by Trica on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! I agree!
And your kids are still kids! She shouldn't based her confirmation on what the kids think! And 2.5hrs at the store he's cheating? I couldn't deal with such paranoia! Life is too short! I couldn't deal with it!

Quoting furbabymum:

First he's not your ex or whatever happened to make you so paranoid. I hate when people put that stuff on their new SO. It's not his fault things happened in your past and you don't sound over it if you are looking for it to happen again.

I'm not sure about your SO but my DH once spent 30 mins reading the label of every single jar of peanut butter. So a 2 hour trip wouldn't be totally abnormal for my man.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ruggy03
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Thanx guys.
alexislovesjr
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Thats a big RED flag. Two friends or mine and a cousin had issues like that. Their DHs would take off to the "store" and would take hours. One of my friends found out he was cheating.My other friend and my cousin found out that their DHs had meet some new friends and they were both addicted to drugs. Both men are in rehab... one is going through a divorce and the other couple is still together. Keep a eye out. Dont let little things like that go by unnoticed. Question him and if you are suspicious then do a little investigating (not wrong if you suspect something, your just protecting yourself from troubles). Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)