Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what moment did you realize you loved him? Did he do anything to make you realize this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Deshonsmommy
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM

To be honest for me it came during a hard time, we had been dating a short period of time like less than 2 weeks and I just could not stop talking I told him everything and I was excited for him to meet my brother (to see what my brother thought of him) but one morning my mom called me early I assumed to tell me happy birthday I was 24. It all came out of her mouth so fast I will never forget what she said "happy birthday baby Raymond is dead" I could not believe it, he died 3 am that morning. When we got off the phone I called him and told him and went back to sleep I went to work came home took a shower and went to sleep again he called me but I did not answer next thing I know he is knocking on my window asking me if I was ok, the worry and caring in his face I have never seen that before from any one of my ex's it took me a while to understand what it was but looking back now that is when I started to love him. a week later we found out I was pregnant.

mommieofII
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It was just 1 month after we started dating and I am very insecure of my stomatch... I have some loose skin and I would never show him my stomach so one night hje literally held my arms and made me show him... When he seen it he was like "why havent you showed me your stomach before??? its beautiful you have 2 beautiful girls" needless to say that was the moment I knew I loved him... I didnt tell him then, he actually told me a week later that he loved me...

ttc1rainbow
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM

This may seem wrong, or cliche, or a "cheesy" moment but, honestly it was the first day we met. He had me in tears laughing so hard!!! And he was raised with chivelry and opens doors, pulls out the chair, says "Yes Ma'am"....I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life, because he could make me laugh!! It was a nice change from the crap guys I had dated prior to him  

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I had a dillema, I asked him for advice, the advice he gave me (this was through e-mail) was so thorough, and so well thought out, and so looking out for my best interest, that I fell in love.

Alyson121
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Probably after our first date

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I got butterflies as soon as I saw my Dh :) I was pretty young when we met and we were told we couldnt see each other, but we would see each other every night. I'd sneak out and we'd cuddle and talk... :) he always said he'd do anything do me and that he wanted to marry me.. We stopped seeing each other for almost 5 years and then All of a sudden we started talking and here we are :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

He was laying on the sofa, propped up against the arm rest with my 2 year old on his lap playing etch a sketch. I called their names to smile for a picture. I knew then.

For him, he says it was when we first met in person (we met online and talked for 2 years) and when he got out of his car, I started walking towards him and tripped. I didn't bust my ass thankfully lol

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I was already married the first time I thought I loved him. It just kind of hit me, before that I guess it was lust.

However a few times in our marriage I have felt that I love him more than I use to, it grows and changes I guess. As we age and change I am pleased with the kid of man he is becoming. It makes me see him different.

SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I knew the first time we danced, we were dating or anything. I came into a bar and was talking to a friend who was also his friend(I didn't know that at the time) and a slow song came on and he grabbed me and took me to the dance floor and we danced and he sang to me.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM

With David:  When he showed up and threw my abusive ex into the street...at that point we had been best friends for over a year and then i just went Damn....when i asked him why he did that he said 'because i love you and your mine"

With Irish:  It was literally before i ever saw him.  I fell in love the minute i heard his voice in the other room...I didnt' realize it til a few months later when we started dating but ya....He had me at the accent and "aye lass, i'm here for a job"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)