Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
At what moment did you realize you loved him? Did he do anything to make you realize this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Armywifeholcomb
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I had a synchronistic moment where I told my Best Friend that "if one of those soldiers came up and asked me to dance(not one of those hovering goobers that kept eyeballing me at the time) then I would dance with one." I turned around and saw future DH and said "hey it's you!" And when he looked at me I felt some spark ignite. We had talked before that (I cleaned at the armory at that time) the way he looked at me, I have never had a man look like that. So a few months later, after we went on dates and talked/texted every day, he was boarding his plane to Afghanistan and he texted "I Love You, I know a text is not the way it should be said first time but I had to tell you before I get there" and I texted it back and knew it was true. As much as I insisted to him that I wanted to wait until after he was home to Really get serious, I knew I was already in too deep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't an instant thing.  It just slowly happened.  He kind of grew on me.  :)

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

it was a lot of little things with dh. when we first dated in middle school, we broke up because he just wasn't affectionate (well more than that, but that was a big thing). So when we were in high school and we were talking about getting back together, it was just the little things that told me he was really trying. Calling just to tell me he missed me, buying me a teddy bear for no reason, stuff like that. There were bigger things too, but I think the small ones are just as important. 

kagegirl
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

The moment of our first kiss on the train platform. totally from a movie

Mommy7497
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I can't pin point one thing in specific but once I realized I wanted to be around him all the time and missed him ridiculously when we were apart that he was the man for me.

pampire
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

The first sign that he was a keeper was the weekend we met.  I woke him up (he HATES that it turns out) and told him I'd had a bad dream.  He said "It's ok, you're safe now", pulled me into a bear hug and fell back to sleep.

KyrinM
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Cute.

Quoting Anryan:

With David:  When he showed up and threw my abusive ex into the street...at that point we had been best friends for over a year and then i just went Damn....when i asked him why he did that he said 'because i love you and your mine"

With Irish:  It was literally before i ever saw him.  I fell in love the minute i heard his voice in the other room...I didnt' realize it til a few months later when we started dating but ya....He had me at the accent and "aye lass, i'm here for a job"

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM

We met online and talked for a long time and by the first time I met him in person I knew I wanted to be with him forever.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

aprilbutterfl92
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM

- i knew he loved me within the 1st month ... to me ... i took 3-4mo .
by the 8th month we were married & here we r 2yrs later happy as can be with a gorgeous 3mo old DD(: 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM

The day we had our first date was the day I knew I loved him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)