Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Marital Rant ***One Pissed Off Momma, be warned!****

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 31 Replies

My friend just past away on January 30th. Her and I were the same age and grew up together, our mothers are best friends since high school. My mother and I planned a trip to go from PA to upper New York for the view and funeral. Well my husband has gotten quiet "How could you take my son away." "why would you want to leave me and take our son" "Cant you go up for the funeral and come back". I am so close to beating the living tare out of my husband it isnt funny. This woman has been my friend for the past 20 years!!! I am not just going to show up for her funeral and then come back. I mean it is an 8 hour freaking drive to just go for a few hours and then return! I am struggling to understand why he is being such....a mother lovin' bastard! I am going to my friends funeral and viewing, I'm leaving Wednesday and coming home Saturday. I feel that he is trying to minipulate me some how into not giving my friend and her family the time of day...The time for me to be able to say goodbye and heal this hole in my heart. So here is the jissed:

1. There is no one to watch our son here if I leave him here.

2. My husband cant take off work to go with us.

*******UPDATE********

So I went to my friends funeral. My husband absuletly hated it. I on the other hand hated being back in my home town (personal reasons) but being able to say goodbye made me feel better.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittney28
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM
4 moms liked this
Your dh needs to grow up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I think your husband is not being understanding or sympathetic. Sounds like he has unvoiced concerns. Is he usually overprotective?
JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yes. My mom mentioned taking me to a concert and he goes off like this. I am to the point where I just want to kill him!

Quoting ShannaBee:

I think your husband is not being understanding or sympathetic. Sounds like he has unvoiced concerns. Is he usually overprotective?

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I'd sit him down and ask him why he's being so possessive/protective.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Yes. My mom mentioned taking me to a concert and he goes off like this. I am to the point where I just want to kill him!

Quoting ShannaBee:

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I have and got no where with him. He does this whole guilt neglected trip on me and it makes me want to scream

Quoting ShannaBee:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting ShannaBee:

xoxRachelxox
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I think your husband is being selfish. It's not like you're leaving and never coming back. You're going for a few days, no big deal.

I'd tell him to grow up and deal. You're going and so is your son. The end.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I agree with Shanna. He is being extremely controlling and you need to figure out why.

Quoting ShannaBee:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting ShannaBee:

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Thanks. I basically have been telling him this since the 30th and its getting worse the closer it comes around

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

I think your husband is being selfish. It's not like you're leaving and never coming back. You're going for a few days, no big deal.

I'd tell him to grow up and deal. You're going and so is your son. The end.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Hmm. I hope you can figure out how to get him to realize you have to have a life outside of marriage too. It's healthy to go out from time to time without your spouse. Suggest to him that times you go out he can go out or have friends over. I admit sometimes I can be a bit clingy because I love DH so much I want him around but I have to realize he needs to get away sometimes. We developed compromises.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I have and got no where with him. He does this whole guilt neglected trip on me and it makes me want to scream

Quoting ShannaBee:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting ShannaBee:

Kari_Noelle
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss

Your dh is just being a jerk...go and grieve

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)