Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

OK long story short my husbands older brother is always complaining about not being able to afford things and trying to borrow money from everyone. He makes more than hubby and isn't responsible with his money. Instead of buying food for his two kids him and his wife by pot several times a week, and about $300 in stuff they are renting from Aarons. 

So he already borrowed $100 (supposed to be for food) from their younger brother and today asked hubby if he could borrow $200. We wont have it until Wednesday and I told hubby that if he lends him the money I will leave. They work together at work and hubby is always having to buy stuff for his brother b/c he doesn't have money and he NEVER pays him back at all. 

I am at my wits end and not sure what to do. 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
BKozICan
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM

We've done grocery gift cards for family, but no cash any more. 

Quoting CharlotteRose:

I would go and buy them food instead of giving them money or stop it completely.  We both agree family (ours) comes first before anyone else!!! 

CharlotteRose
"A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even though they know you're slightly cracked."
Today at 1:33 PM
by Charlotte on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Yep, i agree.  I don't lend anyone cash anymore, if they need help per say w/bills I will pay their bills myself instead of giving them the cash.  I had a friend who was screaming wolf all the time about how broke she was and how they were going to evict her out of her house, shut off her electric, had no food for her kids, etc... I didn't have alot of cash laying around and I took what she was telling me as the truth wire her the money and found out she would use it on other things besides what it was tended for so after that I told her I would get her a food card, etc... since then she like our friendship ended..... And my family comes first learned the hard way......

Quoting BKozICan:

We've done grocery gift cards for family, but no cash any more. 

Quoting CharlotteRose:

I would go and buy them food instead of giving them money or stop it completely.  We both agree family (ours) comes first before anyone else!!! 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell your DH he can blame you. I'd totally be willing to take the blame for something like that. "I'd lend you money but you know my wife would leave me." Yup. He could say that.

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Quoting CharlotteRose:

I agree with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)