Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relationships and Obstacles

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hey ladies, what were some obstacles and road blocks you've been through in your relationships that you both learn from and have moved pass because of your love for each other? How long have you been with your SO?

"Marriage is not always
50/50. Some days you will wake up and may
have to give 90% and your spouse will give
10%. Other days you may wake up and give
25% and your husband will have to put in the
75%." «« Have this been true for you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michelle479
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I think marriage is like anything else in life what you put in is what you get out of it. It is a lot of give and take. People grow and change. Sometimes they grow apart sometimes they grow closer. There have been times my husband and I have struggled to make things work because we have been at different places in life. Other times we are like newly weds. 

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM

immigration

that he never used to do chores or cook

not understanding that we speak different love languages

overall intimacy expectations

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

We've overcome hard times of all kinds. Financial issues, infertility, miscarriage, etc. Tough times bring you together in our experience.

KimTaylor76
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
We've been through financial problems, being laid off, big moves, secrets, family problems, and of course the little things like quirks the other one has that straight up pisses you off lol we've only been together for about 3 years now so we've got a lot more to look forward to lol
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Oh gosh yes...the last eight years have been quite a ride lol. I think about the only thing we haven't dealt with is infidelity and infertility. But we have only come out stronger and more committed than before.
naj2013
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Awesome!... My SO and i have been through a lot too mostly my fault and he never left, stood by me through the roughest times and when i say rough i mean really rough times. All along i was just waiting for him to say i quit and he never did and now we are so much closer, its amazing.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Oh gosh yes...the last eight years have been quite a ride lol. I think about the only thing we haven't dealt with is infidelity and infertility. But we have only come out stronger and more committed than before.

by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

We just celebrated 11 years last month. We have overcome infertility--have 2 DD"s now--and have made stupid financial mistakes we are still "paying" for. But we have learned form those mistakes, admitted them to each other and he went back to school, I got my RE lisence and am still working PT at my regular job and we are trying to fix it. Waiting for the schooling to "pay" off. We definately "speak different language" and he used to not have any clue what romance is. Now he knows (but rarely does it) and I don't care! Lol! 

We have gotten so much closer becuse of all these things. I love and am thankful for our marriage evey single day.

naj2013
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
My So has no idea what romance is either, totally clueless lol but i don't pay it any mind either, its sweet when he tries though.

Quoting 98765:

We just celebrated 11 years last month. We have overcome infertility--have 2 DD"s now--and have made stupid financial mistakes we are still "paying" for. But we have learned form those mistakes, admitted them to each other and he went back to school, I got my RE lisence and am still working PT at my regular job and we are trying to fix it. Waiting for the schooling to "pay" off. We definately "speak different language" and he used to not have any clue what romance is. Now he knows (but rarely does it) and I don't care! Lol! 

We have gotten so much closer becuse of all these things. I love and am thankful for our marriage evey single day.

SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Every marriage is going to have their issues that they will need to work through. I think it is up to each couple to decide what they can handle and what they can't. I don't believe in divorce so I feel my marriage is always worth fighting for.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

David and I:  seperation (working in seperate states), loss of a child, financial stress, homelessness, polyamory...we have been together almost 18 yrs

Irish and I:  polyamory, jealousy, immaturity, getting custody of his daughter after she was removed from her biomom by CPS, we have been together almost 5 yrs

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)