Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Relationships and Obstacles

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey ladies, what were some obstacles and road blocks you've been through in your relationships that you both learn from and have moved pass because of your love for each other? How long have you been with your SO?

"Marriage is not always
50/50. Some days you will wake up and may
have to give 90% and your spouse will give
10%. Other days you may wake up and give
25% and your husband will have to put in the
75%." «« Have this been true for you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Replies (11-12):
Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH and I "remet" within a few months of traumatic divorces neither of us expected about three years ago. Our paths had crossed years before as young parents with kids but neither of us knew the other very well. We both have teens now and much in common and fell in love. We wanted to be together so badly and one of us had to move to do that, not far, but still give up a home.  I moved to his house with my daughter, seemingly with her blessing as long as she could stay in her school system. Reality was much harder for her than she thought.  We didn't like his house and he finally agreed it wasn't big enough and the neighborhood was getting creepy, so we bought a new one last month. Plus, now we aren't in any home that an ex spouse lived in. I wondered a lot if I was too selfish moving before she finished school, but I still know I would have been too miserable not being married to him and being together to share life. Life's too short not to take chances sometimes. So, our biggest obstacle was my guilt over my daughter and sadness of leaving my house. If my DH had done anything to make me feel like he had regrets I probably would have bailed, but he was always understanding, patient, and willing to listen.  My daughter knows she can count on her stepdad even if she doesn't "love" him and I hope in the long run this was the biggest obstacle we had. I'm crazier about him now than I was when we married.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

We've only been married 6 months... we haven't had any major issues just the normal stress that comes with having a baby, building a house and things like that, especially when they happen all at once.  Sometimes we disagree about money or deal with family drama or other petty things.  We've never had any major issues or problems with one person giving less than the other really.  I guess we are just lucky.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)