Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Used engagement rings..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be mad if you found out your ring was from a ex gf/wife and wasnt told in the beginning?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

I would be mad if I found out my engagement ring after accepting it was regifted to me.

I definately would tell another girl.  Only because I would want someone to tell me.

I would never accept it in the first place I wouldnt want to look at the ring forever knowing it was originally for someone else.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

1. i would never accept an enagement ring, used or worn by someone else... i knew since i was 19 what i wanted in a ring, and i got it.

2. yes, I had told this girl her ring was NOT meant for her, and it was meant for someone else, but she didnt care because she just wanted to get married and after 10 years of crushing on him, he decided to marry her (he was with another friend for 10 years, and when she broke the relationship off, he went to friend #2)

3. going back to #1, only a cheap ass loser would re-use a ring for all of your questions.

some may say, marriage is what matter, but the ring sybolizes the love and the respect and admiration.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this

i should add, what is the poll for?  you're asking questions without answers... 

scratches my head

tiredmama42
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM

My answers wer on the bottom.  The poll didnt work right and I edited it but I see still out of order.   I totally agree with your thinking.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i should add, what is the poll for?  you're asking questions without answers... 

scratches my head

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't like that at all..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hectictracy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM
My engagement ring was my moms. I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmama42
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM

That is different .. yours is a family thing.  Very sweet in that manner.

Quoting Hectictracy:

My engagement ring was my moms. I love it.

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM
3 moms liked this
As long as it wasn't his ex fiancée or wife's ring, I'm cool with it.
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with this.  I have NO problem with used as long as there is no NEGATIVE association with the past wearer.

Quoting MistyMoo:

As long as it wasn't his ex fiancée or wife's ring, I'm cool with it.

ashleigh24
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
1. I would be pissed if I found out and wasn't told!!!!
2. If I knew that girl really well and she was my friend yes I would tell but if I don't know them then no it is none of my business.
3. No I would not accept it. A family heirloom is a different story but used by his last girl I would be pissed that he even tried to give that to me and probably wouldn't marry him at all. To me that says I'm not special enough to go out and look for a ring specifically for me!!! I would be livid!!!
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I would be mad if I was given a used engagement ring. I don't believe that it has to be super expensive (I'm pretty sure my first one was less than $100) but it should have been bought with me in mind. Would i tell someone that the ring wasn't originally for them? Probably not unless they asked, I don't really think that's my business to be butting in and letting them know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)