Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

being controlled

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 57 Replies

do you put up with it? how do u handle it?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
No. I don't know. I just laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Depends on what you are talking about exactly.

eesmommy
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM
This ;-)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Depends on what you are talking about exactly.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't put up with it. My DH isn't controlling but I have left controlling boyfriends without a second glance.
SierraLynn
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Im a very strong willed independent woman. No controlling man could handle me.

Dimples303
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
3 moms liked this

No way! My husband is not controlling at all. I'm not 5 and I can control myself. Lol

tbhmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

i am currently in a controlling marriage...and i have been too weak to do anything about it

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Hell no! I would kick some ass if a man tired to control me, and I have made it clear in the past. My husband doesn't control me, I am not his puppet, just like I can't control him. Although sometimes he needs to be controlled, stubborn German man can drive me bonkers, but I love him to death.
DragonMother10
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to get a backbone and learn how to stand up for yourself. Don't take shit from ANYONE, especially from your husband, and don't tell me you love him because that's not love, you are not his slave. I have seen woman go through controlling and abusive relationships. I am not a psychiatrist or a counselor, but I have helped a few get away from those relationships. I led them to the water and most drank it. Couldn't help them all, but they let themselves.

Quoting tbhmommy:

i am currently in a controlling marriage...and i have been too weak to do anything about it

tbhmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM

i dont feel its love thats keeping me there at all...its the fear of the unknown

Quoting DragonMother10:

You need to get a backbone and learn how to stand up for yourself. Don't take shit from ANYONE, especially from your husband, and don't tell me you love him because that's not love, you are not his slave. I have seen woman go through controlling and abusive relationships. I am not a psychiatrist or a counselor, but I have helped a few get away from those relationships. I led them to the water and most drank it. Couldn't help them all, but they let themselves.

Quoting tbhmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN