Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you put up with it? how do u handle it?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (51-57):
JulieBoyd
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I definitely do not put up with that...my hubby is not controlling but he has his moments where he thinks he knows best and some stuff he says comes off sounding controlling, but I always call him out on it and he stops. and were pretty much the same way, we both seem to think were always right which could lead to many disagreements lol but we work it out.

Heatherkelly
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Controlling men suck! You need to put your foot down, or he will always make ALL of the decisions, including things regarding your children. If you have a little girl, do you want her to let Men control her when she's older? If you have a son, do you want him to think that he can control women? Because if he thinks that, when he is older, 8 or older, he will begin to control you too.

mrspena
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM
My husband controls my spending, but I dont work, and I have a shopping problem. So its a good thing. I dont think he controls me and I would like to say if he did I would walk or atleast try to go to counseling to work it out. But I also dont want a doormat of a man that just lets everything go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM
If I may butt in, my husband and I moved very quickly ourselves and got I pregnant. We didn't see each others true colors until we moved in together as well. We have had our downfalls and many arguments, but we are improving a whole lot. Without counseling too, it wasn't easy. However, with all that said and done, he has NEVER controlled me. He has some insecurities (I do as well, we all do) but we have to remember to not let them get in the way. The past is in the past, and if we let those things from the past interfere with the things now, you will never be happy. Bottom line is this, your husband better get his act together and seek counseling or give him the boot. You may love him, but you need to put your foot down, I had to with mine for certain things. If he truly loves you, he will snap out of it once you put your foot down firmly to the ground. Either he changes or he looses his family. You shouldn't have to put up with this any longer than you have.

Quoting nyomilooney:

i married him cause i fell in love with him and i let him go before and didnt want that to happen again but the person i fell in love with is almost completly gone. its the way hes always  been  but didnt wanna show it  til we were married. he was very sweet and made me feel really good about myself and i hated being away from him so we moved in together only after a few months and then i got pregnant and we got married. i think the problem is we moved too quickly and didnt take the time to get to know each other completly

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

That doesn't answer the question, though. Why did you marry him?

And what do you think changed?

Quoting nyomilooney:

he didnt show this side of him until we were married, weve only been married for a year and were together  only 9 months before we got married.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

What are your reasons for marrying him?

Quoting nyomilooney:

some of the things hes does he thinks is ok and its just ridiculous. were in marriage counseling right now but i worry if i bring it up he will get really mad and walk out or soemthing. he also has anger problems.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM

No, I'm not controlled by my husband

westonsmommy23
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Quoting tbhmommy:

i am currently in a controlling marriage...and i have been too weak to do anything about it

This:( he's only 20 ill be 21 in April and we have a 1 year old.
He even makes me go to bed with him.
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I didn't handle it - that's why Im DIVORCED and im very vocal on what I want from my SO in our relationship.  I will never get blind sided again w/a controlling man....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)