Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

FWB with a married man! Sexual content be aware.

Posted by   + Show Post

I kinda have a sitaution right now that I am really struggling with. My husband and I are happily married. He is awesome in the bedroom and I love him with all my heart. We have a child together and for that and many other reasons I would never ever leave him for another man. I've had a situation come up where a friend from many years ago has expressed an interest in me and I am fond of him.  Problem lies in the fact that he is married and I happen to be friends with his wife and children. He claims that he is happily married too, but something tells me that that is not the case. I've explained to him that I am not a home wrecker and I will never and have no interest in leaving my husband for him. I want this to be purely a sex no strings attached arrangement. Can this be possible with a married man? I am super afraid that he might leave his wife and confess that he wants to be with me and I just can't have this happen. I care for his wife to much to have that happen. Am I playing with fire? I am super confused and would like some advice. I kinda want him to tell me he was just playing around and go back home to his wife where he belongs and maybe just keep this as a friends situation. We have been texting some pretty explicit stuff to each other, but no plans to really hook-up in person as he knows I have family obligations ans so does he. HELP! We have an OPEN MARRIAGE.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Replies (131-140):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I believe in your gut, you already know what the right thing to do here is.

YVONNE

mama2sqgl
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for telling him how you feel, even though he isnt getting it right now he will. I think you just have to give yourself distance and space. Dont reply to his texts or calls for a while, that may be the only way he will realize that you meant what you said. as much as you may have wanted to continue to be "friends" with him that just may not be possible right now. Just stay strong and dont let him try and convince you other wise by guilt or anything. I had similar situation to this a long time ago. we were not married but I ended up having to block his calls and text to my phone. Good luck and pm me if you need to talk. 

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

I actually told him this in a text this morning. I keep drilling into him that my open marriage is different that his situation, that he is a married man and needs to go back to his wife. I straight out told him this is just not going to work and its best that we just stay friends and never really even see each other in person anymore unless a third party is there. I also exlpained that even if he has such strong feelings for me its not worth his marriage because I will never leave my husband for him. I don't have those same feelings that he has for me. He just don't understand why he is so hell bent on ruining his marriage for me when I am not going anywhere ,but he is convinced that I will eventually have those same feelings for him as he has for me. He straight up told me that he loved me and the scares the crap outta me. I only want one man to love me and that's my husband. 

Quoting mama2sqgl:

I would just tell him the more you think about it the more your uncomfortable with it and you would prefer to just stay friends the way you were before. He should have enough respect for you to understand it.

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

So the general concensus is that this is not even remotely a good idea. I get it, but how do I tell him with hurting him that I would just like to be friends and that my friendship with him and his wife means more to me that FWB?

lageise
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM

You may have an open marriage, but does he?  If you really like his wife and she is such a good friend, you wouldn't risk the friendship.

renae87
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Eventhough you have an open marriage you should be respectful to the man marriage. Yes you are both playing with an explosive fire. My mamma always tell me " Want all, lose all" enough said.
1_hawt_mami
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't care for his wife at all and you are a home wrecker if you sleep with him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Wow

Cutenessmom
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

To me it is ont owrth it.. hey oyur life..  Well if she is okay wuth you  two then, for all means enter into a Polyamorous  relationship or a Swingers relationship swap mates if you want.  Your lfie your choice  ...

mrsragan07
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM
You have an open marriage. I have never been able to understand that. But it sounds like he doesn't. And if you care so much for his wife and their children I would think before you slept with her husband. Just wrong on every level. All this will cause is hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charity62
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:25 AM

does he and his wife have one if not      you are playing with fire

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:42 AM
If that's true than find a man who is also in an open marriage or single to mess around with and not a friend's husband.

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

We have an open marriage. In fact my husband knows about this man.Not worried one bit about my husband leaving me. He has seen every text message this man has sent me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)