Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FWB with a married man! Sexual content be aware.

Posted by   + Show Post

I kinda have a sitaution right now that I am really struggling with. My husband and I are happily married. He is awesome in the bedroom and I love him with all my heart. We have a child together and for that and many other reasons I would never ever leave him for another man. I've had a situation come up where a friend from many years ago has expressed an interest in me and I am fond of him.  Problem lies in the fact that he is married and I happen to be friends with his wife and children. He claims that he is happily married too, but something tells me that that is not the case. I've explained to him that I am not a home wrecker and I will never and have no interest in leaving my husband for him. I want this to be purely a sex no strings attached arrangement. Can this be possible with a married man? I am super afraid that he might leave his wife and confess that he wants to be with me and I just can't have this happen. I care for his wife to much to have that happen. Am I playing with fire? I am super confused and would like some advice. I kinda want him to tell me he was just playing around and go back home to his wife where he belongs and maybe just keep this as a friends situation. We have been texting some pretty explicit stuff to each other, but no plans to really hook-up in person as he knows I have family obligations ans so does he. HELP! We have an OPEN MARRIAGE.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Replies (151-160):
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I am gonna go with this. I don't get how people can have open marriages and say they love their husbands so much and would never do anything to jeapordize it. Then again, I just don't get it. To each their own.

Quoting ChelseySpelsey:

If you cared for your husband or your "friend's" wife at all you wouldn't even be considering it.

ETA after you added your little "open marriage" edit.

I still stand on what I said before.

TendrelovinMaMa
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
You came on here asking for advice. On this rediculous subject , you cant be choosy on how people respond. Just because your husband wont leave as u say doesnt mean, you wouldnt have a spiritual divorce. Which in my opinion is much worst losing that connect with your spouse is horrible. My husband n i have considered swinging but that is a joint decision. And i wouldnt be off sleepin with someone with out him. Does your husband have a fwb? also like almost everyone else has said if you supposedly care so much about the guys wife, and are asking all.these questions. Your instincts and gut are screaming horrible.idea!! What is wrong with people these days ?! if u want to fuck someone else sooo badyou should just be single. I feel bad for all parties involved, especially the children what would they say if they knew about.this? so selfish!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TendrelovinMaMa
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
ps we DO not have an open marriage!!
isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Its been a real struggle, but I finally had to end it and tell him that we will never be anything more than causal friends with an occasional "Hi, how are you doing"? He is still struggling to come to terms with it, but I just told him that what he is trying to do is have an affair with me because he doesn't have an open marriage. He text me late last night again and I just had to ingnore him to let him know that I stand by what I say.

Quoting mama2sqgl:

So how is it going?

nicole2884
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

TROLL !!!!

seriously 

if your for real i have a question

in all seriousness i would really like to know why did you get married if you just wanted to sleep around , not trying to be mean but i just dont get your choice

mommagirl77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM
This

Quoting boshs1andonly:

if that arrangement works out for you and your husband that's your business. but does his wife know? if not then you're still in the wrong here, and you need to find someone single to be FWB with. 

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

Please refrain from passing judgment. Everybody has issues to deal with. I am simple seeking advice. I am not betraying my husband he knows everything that goes on between us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monica_0812
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Wow sucks I actually read this bs. I'm sorry I might just be old school but why the F*** did you people get married if you have an *open marriage*??
isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

-UPDATE-Its been a real struggle, but I finally had to end it and tell him that we will never be anything more than causal friends with an occasional "Hi, how are you doing"? He is still struggling to come to terms with it, but I just told him that what he is trying to do is have an affair with me because he doesn't have an open marriage. He text me late last night again and I just had to ingnore him to let him know that I stand by what I say.

KyrinM
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say that unless his marriage is also open, that this whole thing is a very bad idea.  If you know his wife well enough to know she would be terribly hurt, then I would walk away from the whole mess before it gets any worse.  Also tell your friend that you feel he is not being honest with you about his marriage being stable & happy & that you think he should work on that, not be putting his time & energy into you.  Use your head here. While your marriage might not be endangered, his very well could be just from talking to you the way he does, so put at stop to it now.

mrs.hartman12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Agree.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Not really, sometimes there just isn't anything else to say.

She has been going behind the back of someone she actually considers a friend and sharing sexually explicit pics and messages with the friend's husband. She considered having sex with him, even though his marriage isn't open. I have no problem with open marriages, that is their own perogative, but just because your marriage is open doesn't mean that all of the other men in the world are fair game. Not in the least. The guy's wife would probably be humiliated if she knew what was going on. Every action by the OP, with the exception of actually telling him no to the physical sex, is BEYOND selfish. 

What a shitty friend. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Quoting AndreaJF:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Selfish, Selfish, SELFISH, SELFISH,

SELFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you two years old!?  your response is ridiculous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)