Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

FWB with a married man! Sexual content be aware.

Posted by   + Show Post

I kinda have a sitaution right now that I am really struggling with. My husband and I are happily married. He is awesome in the bedroom and I love him with all my heart. We have a child together and for that and many other reasons I would never ever leave him for another man. I've had a situation come up where a friend from many years ago has expressed an interest in me and I am fond of him.  Problem lies in the fact that he is married and I happen to be friends with his wife and children. He claims that he is happily married too, but something tells me that that is not the case. I've explained to him that I am not a home wrecker and I will never and have no interest in leaving my husband for him. I want this to be purely a sex no strings attached arrangement. Can this be possible with a married man? I am super afraid that he might leave his wife and confess that he wants to be with me and I just can't have this happen. I care for his wife to much to have that happen. Am I playing with fire? I am super confused and would like some advice. I kinda want him to tell me he was just playing around and go back home to his wife where he belongs and maybe just keep this as a friends situation. We have been texting some pretty explicit stuff to each other, but no plans to really hook-up in person as he knows I have family obligations ans so does he. HELP! We have an OPEN MARRIAGE.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Not true we both love our spouses. He has no plans of leaving his wife and I have no plans of leaving my husband.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

So she doesn't know and that's holding you back from sleeping with him, but not sending explicit messages? That's still crossing the line unless they have agreed that it's okay in their marriage (which it sounds like they haven't). Just stop before you ruin their marriage and your friendship. If you were my "friend" and I use that loosely, and I found out you were sending my husband those messages, the fact that you had enough "self control" not to jump him, is of no comfort. I'd still be pissed, and i wouldn't talk to you anymore. find someone else

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

No and that is what is holding me back.

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM
How is this confusing? You are soooo worried about his wife, but are willing to screw her husband and smile to her face. You are willing to forsake the vows you took with your husband for a guy who is taken. So, you would be a homewrecker to two homes. Break hearts everywhere.

Look, she'll find out. You know she will. And there is no such thing as fwb where noone gets too attached.

This is a stupid thing to consider and assinine to do. Stick with this husband that you pledged yourself to and leave this guy the hell alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Plain and simple if they don't have an open marriage and I mean you hear it from her mouth not his. Stay away from him.
isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Got it, but how do I cut it off and still remain just friends?

isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM

If you read my earlier posts my husband knows about my relationship with this man.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM

he's got boundary issues, clearly, so don't be friends with him. if she asks, its up to you to come up with an excuse if you don't want to tell her the truth. but honestly she deserves better friends than you anyway so just cut them both off. 

gigis1
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

definetly playing with fire, you shouldnt do it, you might end up having feelings for him too

brittney28
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Gross, you have no respect for your marriage or you're husband.
isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I really don't appreciate this comment. If have nothing constructive to say then please keep your mouth shut.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)